British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Tigers 9/6

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Nothing like an informed comment :rofl:

If you'd have watched him tonight, that's what he did. Pootled around at the back for two heats, no interest. Gated, won by a country mile in heat 8. Next heat win Ostergaard kept Brummies at bay. Missed start in heat 14, pootled around at the rear. Speedway doesn't need riders with Sam Jensen's attitude.

35 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

It was certainly much better than last week. All credit to the track staff for the hard work that they put in.

Despite the result, I enjoyed the meeting. Decent racing and we took them to a last heat decider. Gating is what let us down, needs to be much better. Riss had a great night, Castagna and Thomas were solid at reserve. Harris, Shanes and Morris were disappointing.

Riss looked much better in his final 2 rides, looked as he did for Redcar last year, less impressive before that.

Best I've seen Castagna ride, unlucky not to hold off Cook in heat 1.

Don't think Shanes & Morris are doing much less than can be expected, they're 5 pointers, scoring 5 points! Morris fall was costly, admittedly but I'd rather a rider try to pass an opponent in front of them than pootle around behind.

Highlight of the night was heat 13, Harris v Cook 

Heat 5 saw Morris & Shanes pass Nicol.

Heat 8 Morris was far too kind to Jenkins after figuring a way past exiting turn 2, but allowed the guesting Bear the entirety of bends 3 & 4 outside run to repay the compliment.

15 decent, Riss v Ostergaard. Sadly Harris lost his invite to that party.

Edited by Col

3 minutes ago, Col said:

If you'd have watched him tonight, that's what he did. Pootled around at the back for two heats, no interest. Gated, won by a country mile in heat 8. Next heat win Ostergaard kept Brummies at bay. Missed start in heat 14, pootled around at the rear. Speedway doesn't need riders with Sam Jensen's attitude.

Riss looked much better in his final 2 rides, looked as he did for Redcar last year, less impressive before that.

Best I've seen Castagna ride, unlucky not to hold off Cook in heat 1.

Don't think Shanes & Morris are doing much less than can be expected, they're 5 pointers, scoring 5 points! Morris fall was costly, admittedly but I'd rather a rider try to pass an opponent in front of them than pootle around behind.

Highlight of the night was heat 13, Harris v Cook 

Heat 5 saw Morris & Shanes pass Nicol.

Heat 8 Morris was far too kind to Jenkins after figuring a way past exiting turn 2, but allowed the guesting Bear the entirety of bends 3 & 4 outside run to repay the compliment.

15 decent, Riss v Ostergaard. Sadly Harris lost his invite to that party.

Wow just wow you are wasted on here you should have been a profiler.

So you are basing his attitude on what , how do you come to this conclusion 7 paid 8 on a track he has never seen before a young rider making his way in the sport and you come out with this.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wow just wow you are wasted on here you should have been a profiler.

So you are basing his attitude on what , how do you come to this conclusion 7 paid 8 on a track he has never seen before a young rider making his way in the sport and you come out with this.

I can only base my opinion on what I see...

Sam Jensen visited Perry Barr in 2019. Also saw him ride abjectly at Owlerton that year.

Did you attend the meeting?

Edited by Col

17 minutes ago, Col said:

Sam Jensen visited Perry Barr in 2019. Also saw him ride Owlerton abjectly at Owlerton that year.

The boy is not Greg Hancock standard just yet , if you had said I don’t like Sam Jensen then fair enough.

But to question his attitude when you really don’t have a clue about his attitude is not right.

How about in any particular order.

Wrong set up.

bike issues.

Lack of track Knowledge.

The boy has talent in abundance and will have a decent career but to question his attitude is just not fair on a rider you have seen twice before tonight.

To label any young rider never mind Sam and I quote 

Speedway doesn’t need riders with Sam Jensens attitude is one of the most crass comments I have seen in a while.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Sam Jensen visited Perry Barr in 2019. Also saw him ride abjectly at Owlerton that year.

Did you attend the meeting?

he has never been to PB in his life we’re you at that meeting started on the wrong set up and took him a few rides to get it right  that’s a fact not bad score for a kid that’s never seen the place before 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Col said:

Visiting reserve outscores home number 1 and visiting reserve gets criticised ? Only in speedway 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Some absolute barmy comments from 'Col' ...think he's got sunstroke!:D

Once Sam Jensen set his bike up to get out the start, he was a class act.

Cook was the 'only' Glasgow rider that passed a Brummy after the first lap....

Not a great meeting, but some very close racing.....a fair result.

Ostergaard won it for Glasgow IMO!

Well done Ulrich!

Harris was brilliant in heat 13 to pass and re-pass Cook!

Paco rode fantastically well....

Great confidence boost for Jack with 2 heat wins....

Ashley and James will come good....

It bodes well for the season.....afterall, it all comes down to a 2 Leg shoot-out in the end....

Well done to the hard/miracle working track staff....

A couple more tons of shale on the bends and we'd have the perfect surface!

Respect to the travelling 'Glasgow' fans!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

he has never been to PB in his life we’re you at that meeting started on the wrong set up and took him a few rides to get it right  that’s a fact not bad score for a kid that’s never seen the place before 

I stand corrected he wasn't in the Tigers septet that visited PB in 2019.

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Once Sam Jensen set his bike up to get out the start, he was a class act.

Then explain the pootling around at the back in heat 14?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Col said:

Your No1 should ask him for gating lessons,he didn’t win when he didn’t gate.Sam is a reserve ,most Teams would bite your arm off for a reserve that can score 7+1 away from home.Sour grapes IMO.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Col said:

I give up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Col said:

He missed the gate Col....at least he stayed on his bike for the four laps and picked up a valuable point when Ash fell off ???

• Like 1

Col....you're starting to drift back in to 'Cradley fan' mode....snap out of it !:D

11 hours ago, Col said:

Glasgow deserved to win, if your number one fails to win a heat any team would struggle.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Visiting reserve outscores home number 1 and visiting reserve gets criticised ? Only in speedway 

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Your No1 should ask him for gating lessons

Am I arguing about Harris' performance?  No.
He was however involved in the best race of the night, his battle with Cook in heat 13.

47 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ostergaard won it for Glasgow IMO!

Well done Ulrich!

I actually think Sedgeman was the best visiting Tiger, but Ostergaard deserves credit also

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Col....you're starting to drift back in to 'Cradley fan' mode....snap out of it !:D

Speaking of which, Riss has a long way to go before he earns the moniker "Electric"!