British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK BANDITS v GLASGOW TIGERS (Saturday, June 26th) 7pm

Might come back to haunt us unless fitted in before 1st of August,if Leon continues his progress, he'll be in the main body of the team, will also be interesting to see how many "rainoffs"we get.

You have to love his forum. Make a late call off, the promotion gets slated, make an early call, why do they do that? everybody asks.

An early call off makes a lot of financial sense. When I went for a run this morning there were some big puddles in the road. It's been light rain ever since and it's forecast to stay the same way up until about 5 or 6. How many would have been put off by the weather? If you have to call the meeting off late, it's financial suicide for the club.

Gutted to be missing a Saturday night out, but at least the re-arranged meeting should be after restrictions are lifted. Hopefully get more in then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Couldn’t find the famous track covers,which used to be all the rage.!

I dont imagine covers could gone down anyhow Friday as the football were due to play Hearts Friday night although it was off it seems due to Hearts covid problems!

10 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

I dont imagine covers could gone down anyhow Friday as the football were due to play Hearts Friday night although it was off it seems due to Hearts covid problems!

Don’t think track covers will be used again anyway.It’s speedway there will always be conspiracy theories when weather intervenes, missing rider,ect.Bottom line it’s OFF.,early call is probably the best these days.

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think track covers will be used again anyway.It’s speedway there will always be conspiracy theories when weather intervenes, missing rider,ect.Bottom line it’s OFF.,early call is probably the best these days.

Spot on it is what it is the early call off saves us travelling and finding it’s off when we arrive, so no complaints or negativity from us as someone else quoted earlier.

The early call of is appreciated from the travelling fans , just means it will cost me more as I have got to take her out for dinner later.

Always a downside to a call off . :D

2 hours ago, screm said:

Must admit I`m a tad surprised that this meeting has been called off, since Thursday tea time the weather in Berwick has been showery and we have had rain over night but I didn't think enough to call the meeting off.

Yeah I was too but looking the right call now P!ss!ng down in Belford and has been for a while now..

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Spot on it is what it is the early call off saves us travelling and finding it’s off when we arrive, so no complaints or negativity from us as someone else quoted earlier.

The early call of is appreciated from the travelling fans , just means it will cost me more as I have got to take her out for dinner later.

Always a downside to a call off . :D

And a few beers for oneself no doubt lol

22 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

And a few beers for oneself no doubt lol

I wish got to drive to get there 

Correct decision to call it off, heavy drizzle for a while now so we can put our conspiracies away until the next time.

• Like 3

has berwick give the covers away to somebody elise

2 hours ago, screm said:

Correct decision to call it off, heavy drizzle for a while now so we can put our conspiracies away until the next time.

True , had paid for the train tickets and bed and breakfast   so decided just to have a day out in Berwick anyway   And it was raining when I got off the train at ten past one 

10 minutes ago, Paulco said:

And it was raining when I got off the train at ten past one 

Welcome to summertime in Berwick.:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Paulco said:

True , had paid for the train tickets and bed and breakfast   so decided just to have a day out in Berwick anyway   And it was raining when I got off the train at ten past one 

So your happy now that Berwick were not pulling a fast one haha enjoy your night in Berwick

Correct decision. Was very wet where I was close to the stadium. 
Ironically it’s a nice dry, bright day today 

Edited by Shadders