British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Aces. 01/07

17 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

So Sheffield bring in anders Rowe to guest for rising star josh bates. 

While Rowe is a rising star and bates isn't (in real life terms) how can Rowe a none rising star as he choose not to be guests for bates?????

Not knocking Rowe as extra rides will only help British speedway in the long term. 

Another way of looking at it. Bates on his 4 risingbstar average is replaced by Rowe who from tomorrow gets a 5.49 average. 

Speedway rules eh

What rules ?

Is that the book, written in pencil by one of the top table that can be altered quickly depending on which clubs are involved ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

So Sheffield bring in anders Rowe to guest for rising star josh bates. 

While Rowe is a rising star and bates isn't (in real life terms) how can Rowe a none rising star as he choose not to be guests for bates?????

Not knocking Rowe as extra rides will only help British speedway in the long term. 

Another way of looking at it. Bates on his 4 risingbstar average is replaced by Rowe who from tomorrow gets a 5.49 average. 

Speedway rules eh

Think you'll find Rowe already has a 5.49 average as of last Monday.

The rider who should have been as riding star but wasn’t guesting for rider who shouldn’t have been a rising star but is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Think you'll find Rowe already has a 5.49 average as of last Monday.

OK, he had that average last week. My apologies 

'Phil the Ace' said: how can Rowe a none rising star as he choose not to be guests for bates

Rowe appears on the Rising Star list as a 4* rider so can guest for another RS rider regardless of his own MA.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

'Phil the Ace' said: how can Rowe a none rising star as he choose not to be guests for bates

Rowe appears on the Rising Star list as a 4* rider so can guest for another RS rider regardless of his own MA.

So technically. He can ride as a proper rider for Ipswich. But also sign as a rising star for say belle vue or Sheffield and have 2 teams in 1 league. 

Laughable 

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

So technically. He can ride as a proper rider for Ipswich. But also sign as a rising star for say belle vue or Sheffield and have 2 teams in 1 league. 

Laughable 

Of course not, no rider can be in more than one declared 1-7 in the same league. Any rider on the Rising Star list is entitled to guest for another RS of the same grade or lower. http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/risingstars21

Edited by NeilWatson

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Of course not, no rider can be in more than one declared 1-7. Any rider on the Rising Star list is entitled to guest for another RS of the same grade or lower. http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/risingstars21

But surely signing a contract to be in a clubs 1-6 relinquishes his spot as a rising star

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

But surely signing a contract to be in a clubs 1-6 relinquishes his spot as a rising star

It doesn't appear so.....

7 hours ago, tyke said:

My 1st visit to Owlerton post COVID. Can I just show email my ticket on my phone or do I have to print it out as a hard copy  ?

Can do either.

• Like 1

"Morning Mickey"..

"Morning Minnie"..

"Just had to give another ruling for a Speedway meeting".

"In the UK?"..

"Of course" ..

• Haha 1

Expect uk speedway rules to be amended as and when it suits a certain promoter..... nothing changed here then

• Like 5

To be honest, having Rowe there improves the entertainment from my perspective..

It's £36 for me and the lad tomorrow and having him there instead of Bates should mean a closer match and racing..

However..

I can dispassionately "couldn't care less" who wins, but maybe those that still see league racing in the UK as "real" may not...

And that unfortunately is the ultimate  downfall of the way the sport is ran.. 

Eventually you pee the die hards off (your biggest, most loyal fans), so much that they then lose their enthusiasm and (more importantly), their attendance..

Finally..

Is Jack there or have Torun got a meeting Friday?

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Is Jack there or have Torun got a meeting Friday?

He should be,Torun rode last Friday and Jack was at Owlerton the night before.

11 hours ago, tyke said:

My 1st visit to Owlerton post COVID. Can I just show email my ticket on my phone or do I have to print it out as a hard copy  ?

Can show on your phone

• Thanks 1