British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Aces. 01/07

Surely this means Sheffield are riding without a "rising star" in the team. Is that within the rules?

39 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Surely this means Sheffield are riding without a "rising star" in the team. Is that within the rules?

Yes/No/Maybe/Possibly/Probably/Definitely/Definitely not/It's in the interests of Speedway/It doesn't really matter *

* Delete as applicable...

Sheffield had Kyle Bickley as the guest for Josh Bates last week. He is not in a team as a Rising Star but is on the Rising Star list, so perfectly legal as would be Nathan Greaves, James Shanes or Connor Mountain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, millersfan444 said:

Sheffield had Kyle Bickley as the guest for Josh Bates last week. He is not in a team as a Rising Star but is on the Rising Star list, so perfectly legal as would be Nathan Greaves, James Shanes or Connor Mountain.

Connor Mountain races for Lynn

As farcical as this RS guesting situation is in itself the more pertinent point for me is the impact on his own team

If Anders does well then he puts the very slim chance his own team has of catching Sheffield as the vulnerable 4th placed team in deeper jeopardy 

I suppose the only saving grace is that in the scheme of things the play offs and even winning a championship mean eff all in terms of any tangible reward!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As farcical as this RS guesting situation is in itself the more pertinent point for me is the impact on his own team

If Anders does well then he puts the very slim chance his own team has of catching Sheffield as the vulnerable 4th placed team in deeper jeopardy 

I suppose the only saving grace is that in the scheme of things the play offs and even winning a championship mean eff all in terms of any tangible reward!

That's always possible whoever the guest, at whatever position.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Imagine if Poland ran with this?

I am sure Betard would be delighted for Woffy to top score for Gorzow to help knock Wroclaw out of a play off slot..

I am sure that they would also be both eager and delighted to sign off their several hundred thousand euro sponsorship deals for both team and individual again for next year... :rolleyes:

Whilst such nonsense exists, the sport can never move forward..

No matter what else they try and do to improve its following..

"Being taken seriously" and "Having credibility" are two simple and very, very, basic fundamentals if you want to attract investment or just basic custom...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

That's always possible whoever the guest, at whatever position.

Can't argue with that but at least the replacement has similar or lower average

In this case its 3 points higher on true form but masked by the RS grading system

I'm thinking that perhaps Ioswich should replace Anders with a new signing up to his 5.49 average and then replace Drew with Anders as the RS

Can't see anything in the rules to prevent that....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Will be tomorrow.  

Not that the Witches have even thought of doing that.. . 

• Haha 1

Going to be funny if Sheffield lose after bending the rules.

Anders Rowe isn't the key rider tonight though it's Troy Batchelor. 

Batch rides well then Sheffield win, Rides poorly then BV take 4 big points back to Manchester imo.

I think that we need to be on our top form, and as it been pointed out Troy Batchelor needs to show  more, if we are not then I think that Aces will come out on top.

Clever move by the Sheffield management to get Anders Rowe in as a Guest for Josh Bates.

Anders is still on the Rising Star list, the fact that Ipswich choose not to use him as a Rising Star is irrelevant, but you do have to question how well they thought out the Rising Star Scheme, to me it appears to have been cobbled together with very little thought.

But what's new.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Can't argue with that but at least the replacement has similar or lower average

In this case its 3 points higher on true form but masked by the RS grading system

I'm thinking that perhaps Ipswich should replace Anders with a new signing up to his 5.49 average and then replace Drew with Anders as the RS

Anders is on the Rising Star programme, so I would say that yes this could be done .

Would be ruthless management, but very clever.

22 minutes ago, spin king said:

Would be ruthless management, but very clever.

Thats not for the Witches then... 

Either bit :blink:

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, Phil The Ace said:

But surely signing a contract to be in a clubs 1-6 relinquishes his spot as a rising star

Absolutely agree with that,once he chose not to be a rising star he should have been taken off the list.Which obviously would have been before the start of the season.

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

All anders will be bothered is more track time . The more laps you do on different tracks hopefully you lol get better