British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Belle Vue v Peterborough 9th August

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

BELLE VUE 43: Ban Bewley 17, Steve Worrall 6+1, Charles Wright 6, Brady Kurtz 6, Richie Worrall 4+1, Tom Brennan 3+1, Ricky Wells 1+1.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39355  :D

What's he been up to then :D.

I Suppose he was part of a team who was involved in an attempted robbery of a result last night:rolleyes:

Edited by tellboy
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Blupanther said:

BELLE VUE 43: Ban Bewley 17, Steve Worrall 6+1, Charles Wright 6, Brady Kurtz 6, Richie Worrall 4+1, Tom Brennan 3+1, Ricky Wells 1+1.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39355  :D

They will no doubt correct it.....

To 'Ben' Bewley..... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

On the Belle Vue social media they originally put score as 43 - 74

:D

How many points do you get for winning by 31 or more away from home?...

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

The Aces' two, three, four and five scored 22 paid 24 between them off 17 rides..

Dan got 17 off six...

And there lies the problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neb said:

that has to win the brainless post of the year award if there was an award.

Possibly not so when you look at Belle Vue,s record of keeping underperforming riders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Possibly not so when you look at Belle Vue,s record of keeping underperforming riders.

I am sure Mark will say that "of course myself and the riders are disappointed" and that "certain riders obviously know they can do better", but that "it certainly isn't through any lack of trying that they are struggling" and that they "will come back from this setback much stronger I am sure" and that "we all look forward to the next meeting" as there is still "lots to ride for this season"...

:D

One thing noticeable.about last night was the amount of young kids in attendance which must be a positive going forward. Many seemed to have 'noisy fan shape type things' which make noise when shook, with the Aces emblem on them which I presume were given away? 

Another thing noticeable (again as it was the same the other time I have been this year) is the lady on the centre green talking whilst music is still being constantly  played in the background, meaning you can't hear what she is saying...

£41 for me and my student lad to sit in the seats last night, £27 two weeks ago to stand at Poole.. (£37 to stand at BV)..

Basically £14 to watch Dan Bewley given the similar levels of all the riders in both meetings (some are the same rider so you can't get more similar than that)!!

Dan's good, but not sure fourteen quid worth of 'good'... :D

• Like 1

When we have the school holidays there is always a boost in numbers of young ones in the crowd. Same when we’re at the dog track

Friday and Saturday meetings involve no school the next day and help attendance of youngsters.

• Like 1

Every man and his dog can see the problem, unfortunatly the management dont, 

need a jye replacement ASAP, 

Wright seems to be void of any criticism from aces fans and im not sure why, they give it worralls and kurtz all the time but wright as been very very poor all year, he would be a rider i would look at replacing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Would it be fair to say that Jordan Palin is further ahead than a 17 year old Dan Bewley?

nope,

a 17 year old Dan Bewley had only been on a speedway bike 18 months

a 17 year old palin as been on a speedway bike years

both very good prospects at 17 though

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I'd have Wright at Panthers to replace Ostergaard if he were to come available.

From a solely speedway point of view I'm not sure he should've left. Locality and package I'm sure are far better however 

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Every man and his dog can see the problem, unfortunatly the management dont, 

need a jye replacement ASAP, 

Wright seems to be void of any criticism from aces fans and im not sure why, they give it worralls and kurtz all the time but wright as been very very poor all year, he would be a rider i would look at replacing

All 'local lads' so get cut far too much slack in my opinion..

If they were not 'local' then they would be getting far more 'feedback'..

Criticise any of them though and the "dribblers" will come out with "have you ever ridden a Speedway bike?" etc.....:D

You can carry one of the twins but not both and whenever both have rode for the Aces it seems to always have been the same..

Wright and the Worralls seem to get a fair few bonus points and not always for being second, hence they will be doing 'ok' from a points money perspective but invariably not positively impacting the scorecard..

And in their "key races" where they are the main Ace they seem to rarely win them..

But to fair to all three, it hasnt ever been much different all their careers..

Very inconsistent and every time you think they will make a breakthrough to a higher level they dont...

Both Wolves and Peterborough seem to have more of a team unit, with a much higher desire to win than the Aces having watched them both race at the NSS this year, with their riders heavily involved in encouraging each other in and around the piits.

And in Jordan Palin, Peterborough have a kid who can truly go places. Having watched him since his Colts debut he is certainly one who could reach the very top..

His Ht 13 win last night reminded me of a 17 year old Joe Screen riding against the best the league had to offer at that time..

Totally fearless and confident in his own ability, and never putting a wheel wrong. So much so, even Dan with his "Polish Speed", didnt make much of a dent in his lead...

His style is very much suited to larger, wider tracks at the moment as he doesnt seem to turn the bike tight enough (and maintain enough speed), on the tighter circuits, but I am sure this will come, and as most of the major competitions are on the bigger Euro circuits this wont hold him back..

A shame the Aces let him go as he was always 'box office' with the Colts...

Going back to the Aces, (and all teams). Changing riders at this late stage is hardly worth it to be honest, these lads have spent fortunes on equipment so need to race in both leagues.

Be a bit unfair to take earnings potential off them now especially given the amount of meetings ridden so far with Covid and weather issues...

And isn't there a transfer window or something that may have passed? 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

All 'local lads' so get cut far too much slack in my opinion..

If they were not 'local' then they would be getting far more 'feedback'..

Criticise any of them though and the "dribblers" will come out with "have you ever ridden a Speedway bike?" etc.....:D

You can carry one of the twins but not both and whenever both have rode for the Aces it seems to always have been the same..

Wright and the Worralls seem to get a fair few bonus points and not always for being second, hence they will be doing 'ok' from a points money perspective but invariably not positively impacting the scorecard..

And in their "key races" where they are the main Ace they seem to rarely win them..

But to fair to all three, it hasnt ever been much different all their careers..

Very inconsistent and every time you think they will make a breakthrough to a higher level they dont...

Both Wolves and Peterborough seem to have more of a team unit, with a much higher desire to win than the Aces having watched them both race at the NSS this year, with their riders heavily involved in encouraging each other in and around the piits.

And in Jordan Palin, Peterborough have a kid who can truly go places. Having watched him since his Colts debut he is certainly one who could reach the very top..

His Ht 13 win last night reminded me of a 17 year old Joe Screen riding against the best the league had to offer at that time..

Totally fearless and confident in his own ability, and never putting a wheel wrong. So much so, even Dan with his "Polish Speed", didnt make much of a dent in his lead...

His style is very much suited to larger, wider tracks at the moment as he doesnt seem to turn the bike tight enough (and maintain enough speed), on the tighter circuits, but I am sure this will come, and as most of the major competitions are on the bigger Euro circuits this wont hold him back..

A shame the Aces let him go as he was always 'box office' with the Colts...

Going back to the Aces, (and all teams). Changing riders at this late stage is hardly worth it to be honest, these lads have spent fortunes on equipment so need to race in both leagues.

Be a bit unfair to take earnings potential off them now especially given the amount of meetings ridden so far with Covid and weather issues...

And isn't there a transfer window or something that may have passed? 

For the neutral Premier League speedway fan the season is building up to an exciting set of play offs with Wolves, Peterborough, Sheffield, and Belle Vue looking most likely to be the top four - Cases can be made for each club and I hope we can get to the play offs with no more injuries and with Jye Etheridge and possibly Ully returning - Roll on september and I hope Eurosport give the build up to the play offs they deserve - Good luck to all - :t: