British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Glasgow (Champ) 15/08/21 1830 hours

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Heat leaders that can't best second strings and a reserve can only beat Willie Lawson are more pressing concerns. 

The whole Team are a bit of a concern,given the expectation of the management and what the have invested in the sport.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Was talking about worrall prior to heat 15. Why was he riding at 3 btw, riding order was a mess, surely Steve at 5, wells 4, Jensen 3 made far more sense?

Apologies,got a bit mixed up.:t:

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Was talking about worrall prior to heat 15. Why was he riding at 3 btw, riding order was a mess, surely Steve at 5, wells 4, Jensen 3 made far more sense?

Your team manager isn’t blessed with the best tactical brain it would appear. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Your team manager isn’t blessed with the best tactical brain it would appear. 

You mean the victory parade pick up driver? Don't get me started!!! Ha

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Paulco said:

No bones about it , we were crap tonight . Poole got 61 there two weeks ago and we didn't remotely look like winning tonight . Some serious thinking needs to be done about where we go from here .

Last week, actually..... ;) :P 

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

No bones about it , we were crap tonight . Poole got 61 there two weeks ago and we didn't remotely look like winning tonight . Some serious thinking needs to be done about where we go from here .

Maybe the Diamonds rode a little better this week than they did against Poole... some good strong commitment from the Diamonds that had been lacking of late... maybe the Diamonds are finding some self belief whilst Glasgow are feeling the pressure a bit of being favourites to take all before them... big slice of humble pie for supper tonight because I did not expect that result at all... enjoyable meeting with some good racing...

54 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That team isn't going to beat Poole or Leicester over 2 legs. Guests doesn't work for me, up until heat 15 even Steve worral was disappointing when he looked perfect choice. Roll the dice make a triple change see what happens. 

Problem is though where do you find three other riders in this current environment 

51 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Worrall looks to have saved you from a hammering no? I think you need to be looking to your no.1 - he shouldn’t be losing a heat in that company. 

That's the poorest show from Craig at Brough since he was a reserve at Workington... he's a class act and has always been one of my favourite riders but there is just something not working right for him at the minute... but he will sort it out... 

Regards 

THJ

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

That's the poorest show from Craig at Brough since he was a reserve at Workington... he's a class act and has always been one of my favourite riders but there is just something not working right for him at the minute... but he will sort it out..

Regards 

THJ

In time for the Play-offs, no doubt, when it really matters.

• Like 2

On current form I wouldn’t bother with the play offs, come to think off it we have shown this inconsistency all season.

Over two legs we would lose to all other contenders in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Midget said:

What has happened to craig cook? Even at this level looks a shaddow of his former self. Be interesting to see if Glasgow retain him next season, certainly nowhere near the best rider in the league anymore 

Still in top 2 or 3. When your No 1 has an off night the rest of team should be stepping up. 

Was wondering if this was tactical by Glasgow to aid team changes.

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

On current form I wouldn’t bother with the play offs, come to think off it we have shown this inconsistency all season.

Over two legs we would lose to all other contenders in my opinion.

Bit harsh on your boys Gazc. If you have 5 performing and are canny with guest riders I would still say you had a fair shout.

Poole looking good and Edinburgh need top 4 to be on their game every match.

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Still in top 2 or 3. When your No 1 has an off night the rest of team should be stepping up. 

Was wondering if this was tactical by Glasgow to aid team changes.

You never know in speedway,will surely be trying to find a replacement for Ostergaard this week now that some riders Polish commitments will be finished.

9 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Bit harsh on your boys Gazc. If you have 5 performing and are canny with guest riders I would still say you had a fair shout.

Poole looking good and Edinburgh need top 4 to be on their game every match.

You have no idea from one week to the next what you are going to get so from the viewpoint that you need consistency to win the league I would rule us out.

Well done to Newcastle yesterday they have proved a few wrong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Problem is though where do you find three other riders in this current environment 

Birmingham or Eastbourne?

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Good question....

No idea why we were so twitchy at the tapes last night , maybe the pressure is getting to them . 

What was the reason for the heat 13 pantomime after Cook broke the tapes ? First we could only go with 3 riders cause Cook had gotten a previous warning , then Sedgmen was in , then Cook was back in but off 15 metres . Bit of a comedy there . 

But over the piece Newcastle wanted it more and deserved the win , good to see Adam Roynon riding really well again . 

Then you had Newcastle's guest , Aaron Summers , punching the air in delight crossing the line first in heat 13 , guess he must feel some kind of resentment because we let him go a couple of seasons ago .

• Like 1