British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Poole 27/8/21 7.30pm

Whoop whoop whoop whoop 4 big fat juicy points for the mighty Pirates!:party::cheers:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Whoop whoop whoop whoop 4 big fat juicy points for the mighty Pirates!:party::cheers:

:party::t::drink::cheers::rofl:

Well that was more like it. It looked like it might have been a repeat of last Friday with Pirates taking the lead, only to have it pulled back with a t/r and a mistake to 27-27. But this time We dug deep and pulled away again. 

I thought It was a HavvyyHowler in heat 8 when he left Basso in the heat after a 1 and 0 and Hume had done so well, giving Edinburgh a second place when I felt Hume would have got second. And then I was fuming as Basso came out again for his 4th ride! But the lad had sussed out the track, blasted away in heat 11 leaving Thomson in his wake.

Edinburgh were slightly impaired by the loss of Richie Worrall but that’s the way it goes. Think we would have won regardless. 

Special mention to Danyon Hume, who the commentators also praised 11 points on his first every visit is just superb. Man of the meeting.

Special mention to the EMTV service. Excellent streaming and no buffering at all. Was able to stream it easily to my smart tv in hd and enjoy the meeting.

I noted there were only about 120 people watching the stream which was quite surprising but also disappointing. Thought there would have been a lot more than that.  Still that’s nearly £1500 gross in the Edinburgh coffers that they wouldn’t have had. Times that by say 15 meetings and it brings in £20,000 plus over a season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rory Schlein is not showing great form. Seems to be hugging the white line and riding within himself the last few weeks. Basso hasn’t seen the place and might find it too tight. Same goes for Ben Cook.

l will take a point and be happy.

Bet you wouldn't take a point now!

Well done to Poole on a thoroughly professional job. All 7 riders had a win or paid win. Danyon Hume very impressive, Ben Cook only slightly less so and Benjamin Basso, after taking a couple of rides to size up the place, took a very impressive win in heat 11. Even Stefan Nielsen, who's never ridden well at Armadale, finished with a paid win after Josh fell trying to recover from another poor start.

For Edinburgh the top 3 did pretty much as expected against strong opposition but Richie Worrall was sorely missed. The bottom 3 were dire. Unlike his debutant opponents Drew Kemp never got to grips with the track, and Nathan and William seem to be getting slower and slower with each passing week.

On top of that it wasn't a particularly exciting meeting and the racing was the poorest it's been for a while. And as a regular user of the Live Stream this season, it wasn't up to its usual high standard with a technical glitch causing me to miss half of heat 8, which looked like the only half-decent race of the night. And the recent welcome innovations of 1) a view of the pits and 2) replays of each heat, were not in evidence tonight. Edinburgh need to write this off as a bad day at the office and re-group for the remainder of the season.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Special mention to the EMTV service. Excellent streaming and no buffering at all. Was able to stream it easily to my smart tv in hd and enjoy the meeting.

I noted there were only about 120 people watching the stream which was quite surprising but also disappointing. Thought there would have been a lot more than that.  Still that’s nearly £1500 gross in the Edinburgh coffers that they wouldn’t have had. Times that by say 15 meetings and it brings in £20,000 plus over a season.

Hmmm, well at least one Poole fan had big issues with the streaming so much so it put me off buying it after watching Darcy's interview on speedway portal! Apparently for them the sound was bad, they could only watch 4 heats and had to keep reloading it.

This Edinburgh side reminds me of the Glasgow side with Parker, stancl and grieves. Pressure on top 3 to perform every meeting just gets too much wheels come off as season goes on

Like eide67 I missed half of heat 8. Not sure what happened but had to reload a few times. But other than that it was all good.

Well done Poole. It wasn't really in any doubt and I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a Leicester v Poole final.

Question for those watching on the stream - How close was the Worrall/Masters finish and was it the correct decision? Looked like Worrall just held on from my vantage point.

Yes he did by a wheel. Very close. But it was King not Worrall.

Good win for Poole, like the look of Basso stylish and very good for a rider on his 1st visit to the track along with Hume.Kemp is very disappointing recently IMO.

Edinburgh with R/R and a pointless gust at number 6 were always going to struggle.  Poole  full took full advantage of beating the team put out to race against.  Even Kent managed a draw last week so  Edinburgh clearly not in the greatest of home form.

Poole should run through card now and take their chances in the p. offs. Maybe their Car park attendant will get to grips with track preparation for the p.offs or else the TV cameras will struggle to see what is going on

Edited by old bob at herne bay

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes he did by a wheel. Very close. But it was King not Worrall.

Thank you Steve. I was mixing up Heat 3 with Worrall and Josh, another close-ish finish.