British Speedway Forum
GARY POPPS

Ice Speedway 2022

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

My schoolboy German can decipher some but not enough 

I received this information from Russia. Toloknov has a rather shredded foot and he had to have 2 toes amputated. Kuzhin has torn open an artery in which there was a cardiac arrest as a result of 3 litres of blood loss. However, both have been successfully operated on and are doing well according to the circumstances.

Not the best of news, but could have been far worse. Best wishes to both.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

I received this information from Russia. Toloknov has a rather shredded foot and he had to have 2 toes amputated. Kuzhin has torn open an artery in which there was a cardiac arrest as a result of 3 litres of blood loss. However, both have been successfully operated on and are doing well according to the circumstances.

Not the best of news, but could have been far worse. Best wishes to both.

Awful. I believe the human body contains around 4.5 litres of blood, so I would have expected certain death.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:45 AM, Bavarian said:

Here You can see the incident. Toloknov is the rider in yellow.

Oh jeez, that's horrific.

I don't think I've ever seen someone get their foot stuck like that before.

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Awful. I believe the human body contains around 4.5 litres of blood, so I would have expected certain death.

Khuzhin was very close to lose his life, and he is still in a coma and in intensive care in a Hospital. 

Tolkonov has nearly lost his left foot, they were just able to safe the most of it, but he has lost two toes, and he will need a long time to recover from that.

Terrible injuries for two of the younger riders in ice racing. This is a major blow for the already precarious future this sport. 

54 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Khuzhin was very close to lose his life, and he is still in a coma and in intensive care in a Hospital. 

Tolkonov has nearly lost his left foot, they were just able to safe the most of it, but he has lost two toes, and he will need a long time to recover from that.

Terrible injuries for two of the younger riders in ice racing. This is a major blow for the already precarious future this sport. 

I am sure everyone who knows the situation will praying for them.

Really terrible news for both, but especially Khuzin. Neither incident with anyone to blame.

Wishing both as full a recovery as possible.

Kuzhin posted a video on social media today talking from his hospital bed and thanking all the people for the nice wishes. Great to see! :) 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/huzhin___ivan9/2774060907933603365/

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 2

League meettings at the weekend in Togliatti have been called off i think. Due to weather and covid restrictions :blink:

The European Championship round 1 in Sanok   Poland on Saturday starting at 11.45am UK time  and an Individual meeting at the same track on Sunday also at 11.45am UK time  are both live on Polish TV station Motowizja- hopefully links will be available to watch both meetings.

Edited by racers and royals

Heerenveen latest update 

March 31 to April 3, 2022

Given the current situation regarding the corona restrictions, 
we are not yet sure whether and how the event can take place. 
We are currently investigating the possibilities.

4 hours ago, GARY POPPS said:

Heerenveen latest update 

March 31 to April 3, 2022

Given the current situation regarding the corona restrictions, 
we are not yet sure whether and how the event can take place. 
We are currently investigating the possibilities.

Beat me to it Gary! :D

Speaking with the Press Officer last week and its all about Stadium numbers. I understand that stadia in the Netherlands can only operate at 1/3 capacity (perhaps Jesper can confirm this), and the Dutch Government were due to meet on 15/2.

I can't seem to find any news on this anywhere as to if the Dutch Government (a) met and discussed the situation; and/or (b) changed the rules. (Again, Can you enlighten us Jesper?)

4 minutes ago, Conkers said:

Beat me to it Gary! :D

Speaking with the Press Officer last week and its all about Stadium numbers. I understand that stadia in the Netherlands can only operate at 1/3 capacity (perhaps Jesper can confirm this), and the Dutch Government were due to meet on 15/2.

I can't seem to find any news on this anywhere as to if the Dutch Government (a) met and discussed the situation; and/or (b) changed the rules. (Again, Can you enlighten us Jesper?)

This article published last night in the NL Times gives details of the loosening of restrictions in the Netherlands over the coming weeks:

https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/15/full-list-coronavirus-restrictions-changes-february-2022