British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

What a ridiculous situation. Here we have probably the most entertaining rider left in British Speedway, which everyone knows is" scraping along the bottom",who's future is being questioned because he scores too many points.

Exactly!

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

No doubt we would be better off if Buster didn't own both clubs tbh. We suffered for it last season with the Panthers 53 points to our 11. Running two clubs and building two teams must of hurt the Stars to a degree. 53 points and a title to 11 and 1 home win for Busters beloved Stars. That hurt.. :blink: 

This season,  while i agree you should be kept informed of what's going on after a poor season and the speculation of the future of next season. The Stars have just 13 points to your 10 so far .We're not exactly ripping it up either.  I'd take winning the title and finishing bottom over the last 2 seasons to what looks like bottom and 5th for us.

Would i like Buster to just have the Stars, of course i would. But not over the Panthers closing.

What hurt as well was Allit celebrating the Panthers title win - Im sympathetic to the Panthers loyal fans on how the promotion keeps fans in the dark as to what’s going on has in the past been similar at KL - and I guess Buster has more loyalty to KL he owns the stadium (no rent ) food outlets takes money from that and then there is money spinning stock cars - were as pboro rent to pay on track no money from the food outlets no stock cars - not difficult really - but KL 0 titles top league - Pboro 1 title under his ownership . My guess at Pboro it’s about getting to the end of the season and see what happens over the winter -   

44 minutes ago, Haza said:

What hurt as well was Allit celebrating the Panthers title win - Im sympathetic to the Panthers loyal fans on how the promotion keeps fans in the dark as to what’s going on has in the past been similar at KL - and I guess Buster has more loyalty to KL he owns the stadium (no rent ) food outlets takes money from that and then there is money spinning stock cars - were as pboro rent to pay on track no money from the food outlets no stock cars - not difficult really - but KL 0 titles top league - Pboro 1 title under his ownership . My guess at Pboro it’s about getting to the end of the season and see what happens over the winter -   

Agreed the sport looks a total joke watching Allit prance around in his peterborough shirt one week and his lynn shirt the next. Where is the competition element?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Haza said:

I have known Dale for quite a few years now and he is undoubtedly a Kings Lynn fan first and foremost, he is in a difficult position in helping to run both Lynn and Peterborough and gets a lot of stick because of it, but first and foremost he is a speedway fan and  although his loyalties lie with Lynn he does his best for both clubs

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I have known Dale for quite a few years now and he is undoubtedly a Kings Lynn fan first and foremost, he is in a difficult position in helping to run both Lynn and Peterborough and gets a lot of stick because of it, but first and foremost he is a speedway fan and  although his loyalties lie with Lynn he does his best for both clubs

Both clubs would benefit I feel if they was owned by different people that said if Buster hadn’t have acquired Pboro would it still be running? But different owners in the ideal world would be the way to go - even the rivalry between clubs seems lacking now days sadly . 

Honestly don't care who owns the clubs and when they ride against each other I don't think about it.  

They got King's Lynn team wrong last year and stumbled across something that worked wonders at Panthers. 

Can they put two fresh teams out will be the question 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

Honestly don't care who owns the clubs and when they ride against each other I don't think about it.  

They got King's Lynn team wrong last year and stumbled across something that worked wonders at Panthers. 

Can they put two fresh teams out will be the question 

Bit disrespectful I'd say. You can't really criticise them for picking a poor team then not give them credit for getting it right.

Edited by Bagpuss

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit disrespectful I'd say. You can't really criticise them for picking a poor team then not give them credit fir getting it right.

It's not far off tbf tho is it? Ostergaard was the key, and he was a busted flush in the Premier League not that long ago. Nobody expected him to come back to average 7+ in the EL, there's a lot of good fortune there.

5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

It's not far off tbf tho is it? Ostergaard was the key, and he was a busted flush in the Premier League not that long ago. Nobody expected him to come back to average 7+ in the EL, there's a lot of good fortune there.

They picked a team full of EoES experience and many of whom had an affinity with the Peterborough public, I don't imagine they expected to win the league but the side was assembled to be strong at home and being fortunate with injuries meant it snowballed. You need a bit of luck of course but if you pick seven riders and they romp to the title without changes that's good team building whichever way you slice it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

If that's the case he should have stayed in the back ground when Peterborough won the title & not prance around on live TV.

Outside looking in you have club officials celebrating with more than one club, if that's not bad enough these clubs are supposed to be arch local rivals. 

Then you have riders appearing for multiple clubs as guests during the season no wonder no one takes it as serious sport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

If that's the case he should have stayed in the back ground when Peterborough won the title & not prance around on live TV.

Outside looking in you have club officials celebrating with more than one club, if that's not bad enough these clubs are supposed to be arch local rivals. 

Then you have riders appearing for multiple clubs as guests during the season no wonder no one takes it as serious sport.

Well bearing in mind his position at Peterborough and the fact he put last years title winning team together, I think it fair he celebrated after playing a part in the clubs success.

I do see that it’s not nice to see other teams officials celebrating especially when you haven’t won anything of note for a quarter of a century.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If and its a big if i know Peterborough replaced the injured Ulrich Ostergaard now on his 5.40 added to the 2.95 the teams average is below 39 then they could bring in someone with an 8.35 average,  in time for the next BH meeting , but will it happen to get the fans back onside ?

51 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well bearing in mind his position at Peterborough and the fact he put last years title winning team together, I think it fair he celebrated after playing a part in the clubs success.

I do see that it’s not nice to see other teams officials celebrating especially when you haven’t won anything of note for a quarter of a century.

Agree, he was entitled to celebrate and I didn't have an issue with it.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Agree, he was entitled to celebrate and I didn't have an issue with it.

If there was true rivalry which there used to be most people definitely would have an issue with it the rivalry all but gone now which is sad that’s partly to do with same people running both clubs nothing better to gets bums on seats with rival promotions falling out and riders as well but that’s all gone - doesn’t sit well with me Lynn was bottom of the league and Allit celebrated a Panthers title win in his Panthers gear . 
He might be entitled but do  your celebrations behind the cameras .