British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Wolves vs pboro semi final 1

13 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Not funny if you are a Wolves fan.

I will tell you something else that wasn’t funny for Panthers fans.

Morris falling entirely on his own in heat 3 and being allowed back in the rerun

Douglas giving Palm Toft a nudge in the rerun and causing him to fall and getting injured and no exclusion for Douglas.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Grachan said:

The replay is on Eurosport at the moment. Just shown a replay of Hans' going down in Heat 14. Quite funny to see the replay and see him give a little look to the left to see the Wolves pair leading before going down.

I think the bike got caught UNDER him... :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perfect example of where the referee should be able to award a race even when less than half a lap completed....

Agree that should have awarded 5/1 to Wolves.Hans cheated.Makes the sport look what it is “ Mickey Mouse”.

• Like 4

Hans done the right thing.

Who cares about fair play?

If it wasn't for him staying down then we would've been 43 - 41 down going into the last race and Schlein wouldn't have gambled to get the jump over Bomber off gate 4.

Respect the Panthers legend for using his experience. Morris should've been excluded early in the night anyway so it levels it all out really.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Hans done the right thing.

Who cares about fair play?

If it wasn't for him staying down then we would've been 43 - 41 down going into the last race and Schlein wouldn't have gambled to get the jump over Bomber off gate 4.

Respect the Panthers legend for using his experience. Morris should've been excluded early in the night anyway so it levels it all out really.

That could be British speedway’s new tag line. 
We’ve had “Fuelled by excitement.”

“Its better than nothing”

Now, British Speedway - “Who cares about fair play”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Morris falling entirely on his own in heat 3 and being allowed back in the rerun

Douglas giving Palm Toft a nudge in the rerun and causing him to fall and getting injured and no exclusion for Douglas.

Bad refereeing doesn't excuse cheating 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Certainly good old fashioned 'homer ref' decisions

• Like 2

No one has mentioned the IRR situation for MPT,  i for one didn't think it could be used when RR was already in use,  but with the no TS rule in place was it a case of the IRR was permitted therefore in the play offs and not a normal league match ?

Edited by scoobydoo

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

No one has mentioned the IRR situation for MPT,  i for one didn't think it could be used when RR was already in use,  but with the no TS rule in place was it a case of the IRR was permitted therefore in the play offs and not a normal league match ?

Tbh i don't see an issue with it, a team with an injured rider shouldn't be punished imo

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

IRR is permitted when using RR.It happened at Lynn,funnily enough against Peterborough.Lynn had RR for Riss and Schlein was guesting at no1.Schlein injured after his 2nd race and Lynn then used IRR for him.

Another thing I forgot to add.

If it was Douglas or Nicol who fell in Heat 14 and either saw the Panthers on a 5 - 1 do you think either would've gotten up to allow the race to continue knowing full well it would be a body blow to Wolves as a team?

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

IRR is permitted when using RR.It happened at Lynn,funnily enough against Peterborough.Lynn had RR for Riss and Schlein was guesting at no1.Schlein injured after his 2nd race and Lynn then used IRR for him.

The regs must therefore have been altered as previously it was clearly stated that IRR could not be used when RR was already in operation

Arguably a sensible change  (see there are some!) but would interesting if someone is able to copy paste the extract from the regs to clarify if/when it happened

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Just thought i had read it couldn't be used with RR its good it can be used and was introduced to cover for a rider who was injured during a meeting it at least limits the 3 rider races as well

Edited by scoobydoo

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Just thought i had read it couldn't be used with RR its good it can be used and was introduced to cover for a rider who was injured during a meeting it at least limits the 3 rider races as well

Page 113 of the regs

There is no longer reference to irr not being available when rr is in use so it has indeed been changed

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The regs must therefore have been altered as previously it was clearly stated that IRR could not be used when RR was already in operation

Arguably a sensible change  (see there are some!) but would interesting if someone is able to copy paste the extract from the regs to clarify if/when it happened

Not in the 2020  regs that you can`t use both  - nor in the supp regs for 2021 

Where the maximum number of rides is specified, in the case of a rider (1- 5 by MA) the maximum number of rides includes 4 programme rides plus, one as a TS, RR, IRR and 1 in the Heat 15, to a maximum of 7 rides.

Edited by racers and royals