British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

He did, though he did seem to qualify it with “before the walked on the track”. So perhaps he changed his mind once he saw it. Unfortunately they didn’t really go into any details, so it’s hard to know.

This is true, just quoting what Tatum said.

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

That won't always be the case. Have you never been driving on the motorway in rain then all of a sudden you drive out of it? As Lisa says, rain has to end at some point and it can very easily be raining where you are but be dry literally minutes away.

That's true and we can play the examples game all day.

The nutjob's point was that "but if it is raining in one part of Peterborough, it is likely to be raining in another part of Peterborough" and although it's not necessarily so as you put it, over the years as a local it is on balance he's more often right than not.

Saturday for example I sat at Posh. It absolutely tipped it down in town centre for hours. I doubt that the EoES missed any of that which would have left the track pretty well sodden and not requiring anything more than a light shower on Monday.

I sat at home working yesterday at 5pm and it was tipping down. Someone later posted "Unfortunately the downpour at 5.00 was the killer blow" which was at the EoES miles away on the other side of Peterborough.

So from a generic point of view you were right but in terms of Peterborough rain and the speedway I had to side with KSF on this occasion.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

That's true and we can play the examples game all day.

The nutjob's point was that "but if it is raining in one part of Peterborough, it is likely to be raining in another part of Peterborough" and although it's not necessarily so as you put it, over the years as a local it is on balance he's more often right than not.

Saturday for example I sat at Posh. It absolutely tipped it down in town centre for hours. I doubt that the EoES missed any of that which would have left the track pretty well sodden and not requiring anything more than a light shower on Monday.

I sat at home working yesterday at 5pm and it was tipping down. Someone later posted "Unfortunately the downpour at 5.00 was the killer blow" which was at the EoES miles away on the other side of Peterborough.

So from a generic point of view you were right but in terms of Peterborough rain and the speedway I had to side with KSF on this occasion.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :rofl:

I feel the main problem here  is that , if it was clear that the track was unsuitable for racing at 5.30 why wasn't it cancelled then, it appears that nearly everybody that intended to go had arrived before it was cancelled.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I feel the main problem here  is that , if it was clear that the track was unsuitable for racing at 5.30 why wasn't it cancelled then, it appears that nearly everybody that intended to go had arrived before it was cancelled.

Because the whole TV costs for getting there/setting up run into thousands !! and they had to give it every chance however slim

• Like 2

Streaming is the way forward for all tracks. Just look at the numbers that follow the speedway updates site 

13 hours ago, gazzac said:

Sounds like you live in a Sandbanks mansion?

I wish! lol.  Just a normal house. It really confused the delivery driver at the time! 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Because the whole TV costs for getting there/setting up run into thousands !! and they had to give it every chance however slim

When you say "give it every chance" do you mean hope it dries out enough for it to be acceptable to the riders? I'm not sure what work went into getting the track into a condition to race after the rain hit as Eurosport didn't show anything like they showed from Sheffield. 

And a former promoter on here said that it doesn't make any difference whether the TV cameras are there or not. 

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

When you say "give it every chance" do you mean hope it dries out enough for it to be acceptable to the riders? I'm not sure what work went into getting the track into a condition to race after the rain hit as Eurosport didn't show anything like they showed from Sheffield. 

And a former promoter on here said that it doesn't make any difference whether the TV cameras are there or not. 

It certainly makes a difference to Eurosport- any matches where they have  arrived at the track and incurred costs are minused off the contracted number they agree to show- already down to 17 this season and they will probably use Monday`s rain-off to reduce the 2022 number as they can`t this season :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It certainly makes a difference to Eurosport- any matches where they have  arrived at the track and incurred costs are minused off the contracted number they agree to show- already down to 17 this season and they will probably use Monday`s rain-off to reduce the 2022 number as they can`t this season :) 

Maybe they should have worked on the track until 8pm like Sheffield did :)

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Maybe they should have worked on the track until 8pm like Sheffield did :)

Hi iainb, maybe Peterborough have not got the same equipment eg big blade ect like Sheffield have?

1 minute ago, Trackerman48 said:

Hi iainb, maybe Peterborough have not got the same equipment eg big blade ect like Sheffield have?

Hi,  Maybe, I don't know, last time I walked around by the 3rd/4th turns I'd never seen so many tractors in one place! I thought every track had a blade? Don't they blade the track after every meeting?

3 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :rofl:

Yup, you made him the adult in the room, that's some trick :D

• Haha 1