British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

Controversial heat 13, Bewley makes gate for first time, Ellis drops it on first bend on his own. Going into 3rd/4th bend Holder puts Bewley hard into air fence. Referee then says all 4 back, unbelievable!

Edited by Rob B

Talking of streaming I remember Bet365 you could watch races and with no commentary and just raw sound from stadium it worked well I enjoyed it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattB said:

Oh you can be sure if there's a way to screw up, then the BSPL will leave no stone unturned to find it

We had 3 times as many teams in the league back in 1965 and it was well run. Plenty of time for non- league meetings too.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Controversial heat 13, Bewley makes gate for first time, Ellis drops it on first bend on his own. Going into 3rd/4th bend Holder puts Bewley hard into air fence. Referee then says all 4 back, unbelievable!

See Rob, didn't even need a TS even if you were allowed it in a 2 legged tie! ;) Good job no TS otherwise @Bagpuss would not be happy with a home team using one!:D

• Haha 1

Simon Stead doesn't seem a great manager.

Didn't replace Batchelor during the regular season.

Managed to bottle this semi final against a very weak BV side. If Bewley had turned up, BV would have hit 60.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Haha 1

Best team won on the night easily. If you can’t gate your never going to be in the meeting. Too many had an off night for Sheffield.  The old Bachelor turned out tonight but not blaming him for the result but 3 points nowhere near what you’d expect from him. Most exciting rider of the night was Josh Pickering. If we don’t sign him next season I will be very disappointed along with many more sheffield fans. Heat 13 wright left Ellis no room from where I was stood so all four back was right decision. Not sure what happened with bewley and holder. Well done belle vue expect similar score on Thursday 

6 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Simon Stead doesn't seem a great manager.

Didn't replace Batchelor during the regular season.

Managed to bottle this semi final against a very weak BV side. If Bewley had turned up, BV would have hit 60.

Steady didn’t bottle it he wasn’t riding. You can only manage what you’ve got. Nielsen’s injury has cost us and we are the weakest team of the 4 but we still managed to win at the favourites Peterborough quite easily the other week when all the experienced EX G P riders bottled it    That night we hardly missed a gate tonight we couldn’t make one to save our lives. Hence the score line. We’ve actually lost to a side that won at Peterborough also. Funny old game this speedway isn’t it ?? 

Having seen footage on Eurosport of the track work prior to the meeting, it is no surprise that the racing would be more of a lottery.

Trollope was taking the top surface of the track… it was a thick slurry being removed to get the meeting on and created a lottery of a result.

Riders rode in really difficult conditions and we all know if it were earlier in the season it would have been off.

just grateful that nobody got seriously hurt and the aces got a favourable result.

Well the weather definitely effected the track but I’m not arsed cause that was the best meeting I’ve seen at Sheffield, and I’ve been on countless occasions. More passing then I can ever recall.

Belle Vue were gating and Sheffield were not, although saying that I thought the aces had more hunger and more desire overall.

Its also far from done, the NSS is a very neutral track and who knows what will happen on the night.

Good to see the twins turn up when it really mattered, and also Charles having a sleeper of a night going under the raider with that performance.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Was holders move a mistake or deliberate in your opinion? 

Sensational performance from the  Aces, the team were well up for it tonight and that was the big difference.  On to Thursday and no chicken's being counted here.  

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Ref clearly disagreed with your opinion of Ellis falling on his own and then all  4 back unsatisfactory start is decision what occurs subsequent to the original incident is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Ref clearly disagreed with your opinion of Ellis falling on his own and then all  4 back unsatisfactory start is decision what occurs subsequent to the original incident is irrelevant.

Karma justice tho 5-1 still :rofl: :party:

If someone goes down on the first bend it's nearly always all four back. Can someone explain how that is controversial?