British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, HenryW said:

No,it was 16 rider format that year with all points counting but double points in the final.

Nicki had 2 24 point maxes and 2 wins with 23. He really was on a different level that year.

Ah... double points for the final, what would the gap have been without double points?

I'll have a look tomorrow

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I was struggling because all the ones with * had equal records of 1st 2nd etc etc- I thought that a race exclusion bettered a tape exclusion - so that put Doyle ahead of the other 2 who had a tape exclusion, so i then went to who finished higher when they met. It seems i knew what i was doing :D

I didn't have immediate access to all the countback details, but I had the current standings open. It didn't take me much thought to figure out that Janowski making the final gave him third. He was 11 points behind Lambert, and the final guaranteed him 14. Really not as difficult as some would have you believe...

I guess it doesn't matter what points system you use - if you can't count... :rofl:

Edited by chunky

10 hours ago, Grachan said:

For me it's an integral part of their job.

Yeah, I wanted to know without having to work it out myself, mind you the crowd reaction said it all and I did have the points tally up on my phone so had sort of worked it out. Surely Tatum and Louis ought to have been mentioning positions etc .....

• Like 1

My first visit to Torun - what a fine theatre of speed & methanol it is!

Only downside was Lambert.  After 8 heats he & Vaculik looked the two most likely contenders.  Then for no apparent reason in a heat which has 3 riders in it who have showed no form or speed in their first two rides he touches the tapes. A third in that heat would have got him into the semi.

After that Lambert was under pressure: chasing other riders & necessary setup.

10 minutes ago, Col said:

My first visit to Torun - what a fine theatre of speed & methanol it is!

Only downside was Lambert.  After 8 heats he & Vaculik looked the two most likely contenders.  Then for no apparent reason in a heat which has 3 riders in it who have showed no form or speed in their first two rides he touches the tapes. A third in that heat would have got him into the semi.

After that Lambert was under pressure: chasing other riders & necessary setup.

Lambert  has time on his side always gives 100% as well ,like the rest his real problem is Bart yet again rode with his head last night and I am sure he could have gone up another gear if he needed to .

Edited by FAST GATER

10 hours ago, HenryW said:

No,it was 16 rider format that year with all points counting but double points in the final.

Nicki had 2 24 point maxes and 2 wins with 23. He really was on a different level that year.

Difficult to work out with different points systems and 2007 having 11 GP's compared to this seasons 10 but going on actual race points averages per meeting, it reads as follows:

1st NP 16.27

3rd JC 11

1st BZ 12.2

3rd MJ 8.9

Shows, like you said, what a dominant season NP had in 2007!

12 hours ago, Bavarian said:

This artificial points system is really a mess. I don't like it at all. No one has a clue now durign the meeting re. the overall world championship points standings.

They could do with showing a 'virtual leader' board at any time during racing, like they do in other sports such as MotoGP,  then you would have a better idea of the standings at any time, and a rider would know what they have to do in order to challenge for a better place in the standings

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hackett said:

Brilliant effort by Vaculik tonight - Should guarantee a wild card spot for 23 !! 

Yep, he's going for the record number of wildcards

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FAST GATER said:

Lambert  has time on his side always gives 100% as well ,like the rest his real problem is Bart yet again rode with his head last night and I am sure he could have gone up another gear if he needed to .

Agree with you on Bart,has it totally sussed out now,just picks up the points needed without taking too many chances.Hard to see will constantly challenge him in the next couple of seasons.Artem Leguta and Emil if allowed back in might make it a bit harder though.

• Like 1

Regarding Woffinden getting a wild card, with 2 Brits already qualified I’d say the odds are against it.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't  Woffy slurp the 'right' drink when being interviewed to ensure a wild card? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Regarding Woffinden getting a wild card, with 2 Brits already qualified I’d say the odds are against it.

I’ll bet you he gets one. What odds are you offering?

Edited by baiden
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

He has done a lot of talking the last few weeks about making changes to his team and other things etc, when somebody starts talking like that it normally means they are trying to convince sombody i.e the organisers of his spot in series.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Too well in the right people,will probably get one.

9 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

He has done a lot of talking the last few weeks about making changes to his team and other things etc, when somebody starts talking like that it normally means they are trying to convince sombody i.e the organisers of his spot in series.

Definately talked as though was already in the GP next year.