British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

I see they've invented a rule to try and let Godfrey off the hook

"Ellis was unavailable for Saturday’s postponed meeting and the inclusion of Jye Etheridge in his position was under the ‘no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider who is absent for reasons other than those which qualify for a full guest or R/R facility."

Doesn't take away the fact that somebody is lying though!

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the referee make Scunthorpe change their guests around and r/r moved to 5 for Ellis? That's what it shows on updates website anyway so that particular excuse also sounds like BS

Or they originally declared R/R for Ellis at 1 then referee made them change it? So that all sounds like an excuse made up after the event to me

Edited by Jaizer

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the referee make Scunthorpe change their guests around and r/r moved to 5 for Ellis? That's what it shows on updates website anyway so that particular excuse also sounds like BS

Or they originally declared R/R for Ellis at 1 then referee made them change it? So that all sounds like an excuse made up after the event to me

Not the case I was there when the CofC told the Ref about the change in rider line up. The change was made by the Scunny TM not the ref.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a foolproof way to tell if a certain promoter is lying his lips are moving. :t:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

Where did it say Ellis was out with illness?

It didn’t on the Scunny website it just said he was missing,but what facility is allowed for travelling to aFrench league match is the question that needs clarifying.IMO

4 hours ago, iainb said:

So the fans lose out again

Why?? They will be riding for their respective Championship clubs!

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It didn’t on the Scunny website it just said he was missing,but what facility is allowed for travelling to aFrench league match is the question that needs clarifying.IMO

No facility was granted.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, eric i said:

No facility was granted.

So who was replacing Ellis,thought it would have to be a junior.

Without trawling through loads of topics were is it where Rob said he was ill . Please could someone copy and paste it on here

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Not the case I was there when the CofC told the Ref about the change in rider line up. The change was made by the Scunny TM not the ref.

17 minutes ago, eric i said:

Where did it say Ellis was out with illness?

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wasn't Hans Andersen missing as we was signed mid season with other booked/prior meetings? Was Kennedy signed but then had to sign someone else as he would not be there in time? How long was it before it was said D Thompson missing with "mystery" illness? Was it not Poole that signed TWO riders who were not available but used the rules to their advantage with guests?

Who said Ellis was ill?

Adam? No

His Dad? No

The Scorpion website? No http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=13714

Rob Godfrey? No

Gail Godfrey(co-promoter)? No 

Scunthorpe Scorpion's Press Officer? No

Leicester's website preview? No http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.31835.1

So only on the BSP Ltd website & here on the forum are posters saying "supposed" illness.

So who is to blame for the mis information?

Possibly "keyboard warriors" who hate almost every thing of Scunthorpe/Godfrey notification.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Wasn't Hans Andersen missing as we was signed mid season with other booked/prior meetings? Was Kennedy signed but then had to sign someone else as he would not be there in time? How long was it before it was said D Thompson missing with "mystery" illness? Was it not Poole that signed TWO riders who were not available but used the rules to their advantage with guests?

Who said Ellis was ill?

Adam? No

His Dad? No

The Scorpion website? No http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=13714

Rob Godfrey? No

Gail Godfrey(co-promoter)? No 

Scunthorpe Scorpion's Press Officer? No

Leicester's website preview? No http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.31835.1

So only on the BSP Ltd website & here on the forum are posters saying "supposed" illness.

So who is to blame for the mis information?

Possibly "keyboard warriors" who hate almost every thing of Scunthorpe/Godfrey notification.

Since you know everything ,with no facility granted who actually replaced him,I though it had to be a junior but obviously that is not correct.?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

So who was replacing Ellis,thought it would have to be a junior.

A rule brought in a year or two ago.......

'no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider'

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Did the referee make scunthorpe change their line up or was there a mix up in the Leicester programme? The scunny preview shows the line up was correct.

1. Jye Etheridge (guest), 2. Simon Lambert (captain), 3. Jordan Palin, 4. James Shanes (guest), 5. Rider replacement for Thomas Jorgensen, 6. Josh MacDonald, 7. Connor Mountain (guest).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eric i said:

A rule brought in a year or two ago.......

'no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider'

Did the referee make scunthorpe change their line up or was there a mix up in the Leicester programme? The scunny preview shows the line up was correct.

1. Jye Etheridge (guest), 2. Simon Lambert (captain), 3. Jordan Palin, 4. James Shanes (guest), 5. Rider replacement for Thomas Jorgensen, 6. Josh MacDonald, 7. Connor Mountain (guest).

Thanks ,but it’s a typical stupid Speedway rule that a “ No facility “ means a “ guest “.Only in Speedway,no wonder fans are deserting this sport.Some riders don’t give sh#t about the sport in GB.

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Why?? They will be riding for their respective Championship clubs!

Have you seen the teams for the Kent vs Cubs match?

6 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

You really are as thick as a brick and clearly haven’t read the last few pages have you ?

Yeah really thick , its held me back massively in life. 

Another case of daddy ellis not being able to take some stick about his son , would you like a tissue?

A Brit missing a British play off meeting to ride in France is a piss take like it or not and is the reason fans continue to stop going. Since when has riding in France been a priority? 

seems your boy hasnt gained many new fans at Scunny with him missing vital matches, riding borrowed machinery etc … as said the worst British champ I can remember in my 20 plus years of following the sport.