British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

16 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

You are making assumptions.

Care to say what "assumptions" you think I am making?

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Anddddd the award to the most pointless fixture of the season goes to.... this one! 

Impossible task for the Scorpions already, I'm half surprised we haven't forefitted tbh...

Good luck Scunny boiiz

The fine for forfeiting would be substantially higher than the wage cost. Is there maybe disagreement between the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman when one is clearly taking the proverbial out of the other with team line ups, home and away?

8 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The fine for forfeiting would be substantially higher than the wage cost. Is there maybe disagreement between the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman when one is clearly taking the proverbial out of the other with team line ups, home and away?

Don't think it's that difficult to see what's happening with this fixture. If there is as many have reported a frosty relationship between Bates and Godfrey.

Adam Ellis is listed as riding tomorrow in the French League and will be Scunthorpe's most expensive rider to pay. His season is done in the UK, off you go home have a good weekend. Approximate cost saving by paying RR  for a few points compared to Adam £750. Bring in some guests and hope for an absolute thumping. Why? Because Godfrey will be paying his teams points money with no gate receipts, and if Leicester score 60+ it'll cost the Bates family a lot more money from a smaller gate receipt, because it's a dead rubber and poor opposition

The only bit I guess that surprises me is why so many Scunthorpe fans can't see through Godfrey and constantly blame everyone else when he is the common factor in all this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jaizer said:

3 guests and r/r. Wow

Just another night at the Speedway....

(In the UK)...

Roll up! Roll up! Form an orderly queue please... :D

• Like 3

If Ellis is missing due to illness hope his suspension carries over to next season when it starts 

Edited by scoobydoo

11 minutes ago, wtf said:

Don't think it's that difficult to see what's happening with this fixture. If there is as many have reported a frosty relationship between Bates and Godfrey.

Adam Ellis is listed as riding tomorrow in the French League and will be Scunthorpe's most expensive rider to pay. His season is done in the UK, off you go home have a good weekend. Approximate cost saving by paying RR  for a few points compared to Adam £750. Bring in some guests and hope for an absolute thumping. Why? Because Godfrey will be paying his teams points money with no gate receipts, and if Leicester score 60+ it'll cost the Bates family a lot more money from a smaller gate receipt, because it's a dead rubber and poor opposition

The only bit I guess that surprises me is why so many Scunthorpe fans can't see through Godfrey and constantly blame everyone else when he is the common factor in all this.

If that is his plan...

And I say 'if'...

Then the rules allow him to do it (rules agreed by all), therefore there is nothing wrong....

I am amazed fans still pay money to this lot who run it, but whilst they do, they deserve everything they get, as, due to their very presence, they condone and endorse what goes on...

And also by condoning and endorsing how the sport is ran (in the UK) also pretty much take away their right to complain..

15 hours ago, iainb said:

"Illness" according to the Leicester website... there's been a bit of that about this year :lol:

It will be Covid 20 used next year... :D

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Ellis is missing due to illness hope his suspention carries over to next season when it starts 

So do I and I hope he's riding for someone else

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I am embarrassed to see my team looking so weak.  Injury to TJ aside, Ellis ,Arnio and Pjiper have let us down. Not that bothered if we have seen the back of all three to be honest.

How has Pijper let you down? He's only missing because he's been banned!

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How has Pijper let you down? He's only missing because he's been banned!

Banned because he had a fight 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If Ellis is missing due to illness hope his suspention carries over to next season when it starts 

Did he say he was ill? or was he told to be ill? You decide

I'm still struggling to get my head around Godfrey's infield announcer's performnces. Never mind this shambles.

Not to mention other abuse of power in the past.

• Like 2

Many thanks to the riders that have said yes to guesting for us, but this is an embarrassing team put out.

Going to Leicester is hard enough, going up against 4 heat leaders, 2 riders that can score well(6-9 points) plus a RS that is a bit up & down with his scoring.

This team, put out by our Management, consists of 3 guests that, according to the October CMA's are no5 & 2 at no6 in their respective teams averages. Add that to our no2 & captain, our reserve that has been in that position all season through trying too hard early on, making too many mistakes, but has improved to gate better & being on the pace but gets over excited throwing points away & a talented 1* rated rising star that has just moved in to the main body, having an average of about 5.8 mainly through a home average about 8 & an away average about 3.5.

We will be lucky, and I mean VERY LUCKY, to score 19-21 points tonight unless Leicester, of course, knowing job is done, just go through the motions for a bit of fun.

I, honestly, feel sorry for the Leicester fans that turn out tonight to endure this miss-match.

38 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I, honestly, feel sorry for the Leicester fans that turn out tonight to endure this miss-match.

Thanks for your pity :cheers: