British Speedway Forum

Just now, David said:

1: 56.61, 2: 58.52, 3: 57.69, 4: 58.27, 5: 57.46, 6: 59.2, 7: 59.06, 8: 59.11, 9: 58.82, 10: 58.22, 11: 59.27, 12: 59.42, 13: 58.75, 14: 60.23, 15: 60.11, 16: 60.26, 17: 60.06, 18: 60.83, 19: 59.98, 20: 60.03, 21: 59.89, 22: 60.13

An earlier post stated times were 2 to 4 seconds slower than a Glasgow fixture at Ashfield but that's not the case as the average heat times for the two previous meetings were 58.79s (Birmingham) and 58.64s (Edinburgh) with last night's being 59.17s

Wow i’m shocked that it was slower than championship though?! 

10 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Thomsen won't be riding again this year. Compound fracture, bone was through the skin when they cut his boot off 

Very unlucky ,didn’t look too bad but obviously his leg took the brunt of sliding into the fence.Best wishes for a good recovery.

I really enjoyed the racing and thought the track was very good and all the falls I thought were down to rider error which is understandable seeing how important the meeting was and how inexperienced some were on the Ashfield track

my biggest worry is when the poles consider the two/three league rule they will look at this meeting and conclude English tracks cause injury and won’t allow the riders to come to the uk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Wow i’m shocked that it was slower than championship though?! 

Track was grippy to start with, but they did not put any water down on again during track grading which made it slicker than normal IMO.Still really good racing though.

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I really enjoyed the racing and thought the track was very good and all the falls I thought were down to rider error which is understandable seeing how important the meeting was and how inexperienced some were on the Ashfield track

my biggest worry is when the poles consider the two/three league rule they will look at this meeting and conclude English tracks cause injury and won’t allow the riders to come to the uk. 

And you can't really blame them for that! Saw on twitter Niklas Porsing moaning about the Glasgow fence not being straight. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, David said:

1: 56.61, 2: 58.52, 3: 57.69, 4: 58.27, 5: 57.46, 6: 59.2, 7: 59.06, 8: 59.11, 9: 58.82, 10: 58.22, 11: 59.27, 12: 59.42, 13: 58.75, 14: 60.23, 15: 60.11, 16: 60.26, 17: 60.06, 18: 60.83, 19: 59.98, 20: 60.03, 21: 59.89, 22: 60.13

An earlier post stated times were 2 to 4 seconds slower than a Glasgow fixture at Ashfield but that's not the case as the average heat times for the two previous meetings were 58.79s (Birmingham) and 58.64s (Edinburgh) with last night's being 59.17s

Thank you David. That’s fantastic. Much appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Trees said:

What the hell is this doing on YouTube already when people PAID to watch it, ridiculous and wrong Tapesup.tv!!!

No different to paying subscription to Sky, BT, etc for live football matches or attending a match then the highlights are on say BBC the same evening.

All about watching it live as it happens that's wot u pay for whether in attendance or on a stream where u can row row row yer boat... gently.

I don't even know if the boat went down the stream on this occasion? Dunno.

Why does it matter how long after the live event the highlights are shown? When I do a wee trump the highlights are to be noticed straight away.

U can get highlights on YouTube of Polish, Danish, Swedish, Germany, Hungarian & others including Argentina soon after the meetings.f u av a rummage for the appropriate channels then click subscribe.

I think it's called living in the modern world & the speed in which technology brings us all together for cuddly hugs &  comfy pillows.

:)

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Lambert got the higher average in Poland. But seems to always start meetings off on the worst gates giving him bad starts. Then it’s hard to catch up. 

It can't always be gates but it certainly contributed last night, had he been on 1 or 4 in heat 19 then he almost certainly would have ended up on 12 or 13 points and somebody else wouldnt, the margins can be that fine at the top level and he was unfortunate last night, but that's speedway. 

There is definitely something different with him between Extraliga and GP's though, just seems more relaxed and free flowing in league racing. Too uptight and not relaxed in the GP's unlike Bewley who looks like he doesn't have a care in the world and is reaping the benefits.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Can you blame them after last night? It's all about them. It's their cashcow. Riders will feel the same. Thomsen must be peeved after crashing into that "safety " fence, the way he "bounced" off it. :blink:

4 hours ago, piston197 said:

Kim Nilsson joins Jason Doyle and Nils K Iversen as a GP rider, 3 out of 7 from Newport Wasp's superside which broke the bank and won the KO cup

strangest memory of Kim was him and Frankie Smart racing the wrong way round Hayley meadows in just their boots and underpants !

Iversen was a Newport rider in 2003, Nilsson and Doyle were 2011. And even then , Nilsson was sacked and replaced with Doyle. 

but good on him getting through on merit, shame the Poole Prat wont just congratulate him on it rather than slate him especially as the likes of Lindback and KK got in year on year and were absolute dross. Guess now Steve Worrall is the star attraction each week at Poole, that seems like a distant memory. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Lambert got the higher average in Poland. But seems to always start meetings off on the worst gates giving him bad starts. Then it’s hard to catch up. 

Last night he was on 10 points from 4 rides having won off gates 4, 1, and 2. In his 5th ride he was off gate 2 again.  Fricke and Jack Holder had also won from gate 2 during the meeting. So last night, at least, it wasn't a case of catching up, he was sitting in joint 2nd place with one race to go - heat 19. Heat 19 contained four of the best riders on the night and he couldn't do it. 

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Very unlucky ,didn’t look too bad but obviously his leg took the brunt of sliding into the fence.Best wishes for a good recovery.

Re Thomson, I wonder if the fence had been a pukka air fence rather than foam his leg injury would have not been as bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Last night he was on 10 points from 4 rides having won off gates 4, 1, and 2. In his 5th ride he was off gate 2 again.  Fricke and Jack Holder had also won from gate 2 during the meeting. So last night, at least, it wasn't a case of catching up, he was sitting in joint 2nd place with one race to go - heat 19. Heat 19 contained four of the best riders on the night and he couldn't do it. 

That was the crux of it for me - the top six were a cut above the rest and while it was possible to win off the middle gates against the rest of the field, Lambert or Holder doing it in heat 19 against Jensen and Bewley was a very long shot. Luck of the draw.

Of course his only other dropped points were off gate three.....when in that race were Nilsson and Fricke off 1 and 4!  

after watching the video that fence at glasgow is not good for riders at all thompson went in on his own and broke bones that should not happen and wouldn't have if it was an air fence imo

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

I meant over the GP season In General. Not just last night. He was just unlucky to have gate 4 last night in the race that mattered