British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:t:

Let's hope there is no swearing at Poole fans from the Glasgow camp, like has been put up on twitter from one of the Edinburgh meetings apparently. 

Edit- there is a video clip from the victory parade. 

Saw the clip, and yes that was out of order, however you need to realise their is a fierce rivalry between both clubs and when the tigers were the poor relations for years, we Glasgow fans took an immense amount of stick, and now that Glasgow are doing well, some Monarch fans can't take it, and I assure you the abuse we got last week from some of those fans, I wouldn't even repeat and that was after we applauded their team for the win, so please don't judge us by one clip, there are good and bad fans in both camps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:t:

Let's hope there is no swearing at Poole fans from the Glasgow camp, like has been put up on twitter from one of the Edinburgh meetings apparently. 

Edit- there is a video clip from the victory parade. 

Where can I see it. Had a look on twitter.

Fierce rivalry or not no need for anything I've heard from both sides last few weeks. I'm all for celebrating but sore losers and sore winners ruining the whole atmosphere. Getting to stage not going to be away fans going which is what neither club wants. End of the day as the northern outposts of British speedway we need each other and everybody needs to realise that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Saw the clip, and yes that was out of order, however you need to realise their is a fierce rivalry between both clubs and when the tigers were the poor relations for years, we Glasgow fans took an immense amount of stick, and now that Glasgow are doing well, some Monarch fans can't take it, and I assure you the abuse we got last week from some of those fans, I wouldn't even repeat and that was after we applauded their team for the win, so please don't judge us by one clip, there are good and bad fans in both camps

Feel there is behaviour from a few teams fans that you would normally see at football matches. I go to football too and can see it creeping in. Social media doesn’t help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Fierce rivalry or not no need for anything I've heard from both sides last few weeks. I'm all for celebrating but sore losers and sore winners ruining the whole atmosphere. Getting to stage not going to be away fans going which is what neither club wants. End of the day as the northern outposts of British speedway we need each other and everybody needs to realise that.

Would agree Jaizer. I have to bite my tongue and not reply to some stuff on here too.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Feel there is behaviour from a few teams fans that you would normally see at football matches. I go to football too and can see it creeping in. Social media doesn’t help.

I agree, I don't like the football stuff coming into speedway, I was ranting at an Edinburgh fan calling us the unwashed on social media last week, I don't mind the banter, we both do it, but I hate the football stuff

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Would agree Jaizer. I have to bite my tongue and not reply to some stuff on here too.

Like you've said it's a football atmosphere creeping in, don't like it at all. Stopped going to Ibrox as much for that very reason. Banters fine but some of the vitriol getting spouted just no need for

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Problem is it wasn’t a fan it was your team manager on the back of the parade truck giving people hand gestures. Then decided to give more abuse afterwards. 
Not exactly professional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Problem is it wasn’t a fan it was your team manager on the back of the parade truck giving people hand gestures. Then decided to give more abuse afterwards. 

Haven’t seen it but suspect a lot of Glasgow fans would agree that he’s a balloon. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Exactly, that was why I said it was out of order, he should have been more professional,  the booing from fans doesn't bother me, that is just banter, but our team manager should not react .

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Believe me, he's not MY team manager!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Social media is a cesspit especially Twitter , 

But banter at Speedway Football or whatever is is just that.

However is as said about our team manager last night that is not very gracious but not exactly worthy of a bashing either.

He reacted to a situation , he probably thought afterwards I probably shouldn’t have done that but in the heat of the moment he did is it that big a deal ?.

In today’s society I feel people go out there way to be faux offended.

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Social media is a cesspit especially Twitter , 

But banter at Speedway Football or whatever is is just that.

However is as said about our team manager last night that is not very gracious but not exactly worthy of a bashing either.

He reacted to a situation , he probably thought afterwards I probably shouldn’t have done that but in the heat of the moment he did is it that big a deal ?.

In today’s society I feel people go out there way to be faux offended.

Not only that though. Reading the original post, he was being followed around the stadium.