British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

that could be 2 then that turned up at armadale and left the country the next day lol

Can recall that night.  Was standing just behind him and his small ( numerically ) entourage at what is now the 3rd/4th bend. Just looked like a regular very young wee fella wearing classy shades.   Most were pretty shocked to learn that he had a change mind with a list of complaints to support.  One rumour was that he also wanted someone to do his clothes washing for him ( allegedly ), which was turned down.  If that was true the guy must have felt devastated - honestly who likes to do their own washing especially when you are only 16 ! 

Good drying day for pants.jpg

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

that could be 2 then that turned up at armadale and left the country the next day lol

Eric rode a few meetings. Remember him riding armadale at least once. The born in USA introduction was as of we'd signed the next coming!!

Anyway we know knudsen will definitely do better than Madsen did for us and more than likely better than Eric too!!!

Kyle Bickley continues to race at Championship level having signed for Newcastle.

Spud on fire at Glasgow pity he hadn't changed his mind before the season started.

Seeing the form of cook tonight makes me so glad our KO Cup meeting had a chance to be rearranged! 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Seeing the form of cook tonight makes me so glad our KO Cup meeting had a chance to be rearranged! 

Carrying a rib injury but he is struggling just now injury apart.

Bandits new Danish signing having some track time after this evenings Bullets meeting 

6 hours ago, Shadders said:

Bandits new Danish signing having some track time after this evenings Bullets meeting 

And looked very quick too!

4 hours ago, OML said:

And looked very quick too!

You can never judge on their own but it gave a chance to see what a lovely style he has too! 

He had four sessions, each running different lines and presumably with bike set up changing.

By his last 'heat' he was looking extremely good - but as said above, you can never quite be sure when a rider is out on his own.

Nice lad, too.....

As the song goes There is nothing like a Dane :D

On 6/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, mikebv said:

I remember around just 4 years ago watching him regularly in the Colts alongside Dan Bewley...

With the two of them often riding Ht 13 and Ht 15 together...

With Bickley more than a match for Bewley and would win his fair share of heats when they rode together..

And as he often outgated Dan, who had to fight his way through from the back, the margin of some victories showed he was more than capable, with Dan not always making any impression gap wise, and race win times between the two were very comparable..

Amazing that Dan is now on such a hugely different career path, in what is a pretty short period of time, especially given the Covid break..

One knocking on the GP Finals door, and the other struggling to hold down a reserve place in Division 2 of the UK..

Hope there is a way back for the kid, but it will take a huge amount of tenacity and resilience to get himself onto the career path that seemed likely for him when rode for the Colts first up..

Your memories are well out check the 2017 stats Bickley was never a patch on bewley  when they rode for the Colts together. Bewley ended the season on a 10 plus ave and Bickley on a 6 plus ave .5th average in the team.

Edited by B.V 72

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

As the song goes There is nothing like a Dane :D

How you feeling this morning stiff arse? :lol:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Your memories are well out check the 2017 stats Bickley was never a patch on bewley  when they rode for the Colts together. Bewley ended the season on a 10 plus ave and Bickley on a 6 plus ave .5th average in the team.

Saw them at the NSS many times racing together and Bickley won his fair share...

And when finishing behind Bewley was often on a pace with him..

And I would imagine Bickley averaged a fair few more at the NSS than 6 plus? 

No doubt who is the overall better rider, but Bickley was certainly not "miles behind" Dan in those days to the extent he is today...

I thought at the time they reminded me of Screen and Stonehewer riding together in the Colts, with one being destined for big things, but the other definitely having "something about him"...

Edited by mikebv

21 hours ago, mikebv said:

Saw them at the NSS many times racing together and Bickley won his fair share...

And when finishing behind Bewley was often on a pace with him..

And I would imagine Bickley averaged a fair few more at the NSS than 6 plus? 

No doubt who is the overall better rider, but Bickley was certainly not "miles behind" Dan in those days to the extent he is today...

I thought at the time they reminded me of Screen and Stonehewer riding together in the Colts, with one being destined for big things, but the other definitely having "something about him"...

Sorry stats don't lie home meetings only. For most of the season they rode together at number 1 and number 2 so they had plenty of races together 31 in total. Bewley won 28 of them Bickley 3 and 2 of those wins came in the play off final so late in the season and one of his wins was an awarded race when Bewley fell while leading. Bickley stayed at number 2 all that season so never reached heat leader status in the season they rode together.

Sorry enjoy the stats side of the sport and not long retired so plenty of time on my hands lol. 

• Like 1