British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1st leg at Glasgow Tuesday 2nd. Good luck Glasgow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

After multiple rain offs the new dates are Glasgow 24th December and Poole 26th December.

Can't do that Bournemouth are playing on the 26Th!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

After multiple rain offs the new dates are Glasgow 24th December and Poole 26th December.

Seems about right :rofl:

On the plus side I couldn’t make Friday so in the unlikely event it actually goes ahead next Thursday I would be free haha. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can't do that Bournemouth are playing on the 26Th!!!

Maybe the following week then?

• Haha 1

Well me and Rob have decided to come up for this one. Got oxygen tanks in the van as the air is a bit more rarified up there, and bringing an air rifle incase we get attacked by an angry herd of haggises. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to learn some of the lingo. Gonnae no' dae that really. We have to drive straight back as hotels are up to £1000 a night! Not Mad wae it, see how far we can get back before finding a travel lodge.

If you see us in our Poole jackets, cone and say hello. We don’t bite! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

wouldn't it be ironic if it pissed down next Wednesday at Poole and the BSPL declared the result after only one leg ! Poole should run their leg whenever they have a dry day and have a number of Glasgow supporters booked to travel. Suspect they will get nil away and neutrals support for their leg if they keep delaying at short notice in order to satisfy their desire to hold the "second leg"

Friday isn't going to be a dry day.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well me and Rob have decided to come up for this one. Got oxygen tanks in the van as the air is a bit more rarified up there, and bringing an air rifle incase we get attacked by an angry herd of haggises. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to learn some of the lingo. Gonnae no' dae that really. We have to drive straight back as hotels are up to £1000 a night! Not Mad wae it, see how far we can get back before finding a travel lodge.

Will it be your first visit to Ashfield? Hope you 

don't get a nose bleed coming so far North lol, will say hello if we see you

Edited by Cookiefan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Would not be happy if Poole postpone Fridays meeting because the want second leg !!!!   Not fair on away fans who have paid hotels arranged travel and got time off work .

It is forecast to have heavy rain on Friday but dry at time of meeting. So it is quite difficult. Would you be happy if Poole kept it on despite the forecast and was off later in the day and still out of pocket a bit that way? Catch 22 situation. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cop26, hotels etc just taking the absolute piss. Suggest probably look on m74 route, gretna maybe? About 90 minutes from ashfield

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

If these meetings get rained off again then what are Poole & Glasgow fans  thoughts about  a straight one off winner takes all final at a neutral track like Leicester on Saturday 6th November 

Nope

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Far too sensible lol. I'd suggested that in best. Hold a play off tournament over a weekend at a neutral venue. But yes if gets it over I'd be for it. Whether each clubs money men would agree with me is a different matter

Yeah like at BV, not Leicester!! 

1 hour ago, CitizenTyler said:

Seems about right :rofl:

On the plus side I couldn’t make Friday so in the unlikely event it actually goes ahead next Thursday I would be free haha. 

I'm the opposite! Thursday is the worst day for me. Will try my hardest to go though! 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I had to check this post wasn't done by Pirateship for a split second there! Lol.

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have a look at Carlisle 4 premier Inns just off motorway

Yes Carlisle or perhaps a bit further south so we don’t have massive journey next day. Reckon a three hour drive south from Glasgow would be a good stopping point. I am ok as I have a camper van but Rob will need a travel lodge. See how knackered we will be. The hotels are taking the pee. Was going to fly from Gatwick, at £75 return, but can’t get a hotel so either sleep or doze at the airport before a 9 am return flight, or just drive and be our own captains. 8 hours drive plus stops so leaving around 8 am. Easy drive but just a very long way. Couple of hundred quid of fuel I should think. 

Just hope the weather is set ok. A long way to go for a rainoff.