British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

From the 2020 Speedway Regulations document, Definitions.

Season - The period from 15th March (8th March when Easter falls in March) to 31st October (both inclusive). Meetings may only be held outside this period where specific written permission of the SCB has been given.

20 minutes ago, TINYS said:

31st October has always been cut off date for speedway as far as i can remember.

It has,but like has been said the have been occasions where permission has been given to hold meetings outside cut off date,so what’s your point.People have explained this to you.:rolleyes:

Serious question -  as someone who has been directly involved in a venue hosting a major convention with high security, will the extra COP26 attendees and Police and security services have any impact on access to the Ashfield Stadium area? (I'm not overly familiar with the city other than the area immediately around the SSE Arena.)

I would imagine there will be an additional security presence at the airport and any other travel hub, with at the very least Police asking people to 'move along' ?

Should be ok at Ashfield as it is some distance from COP26 

with all the security in glasgow next week has this meeting been given official sanction to actually take place ?

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

As I mentioned above, not sure you saw it,  'First bus no. 500 from airport to Buchanan bus station in the city centre should be operating OK when you arrive. You should check when the last bus goes back to the airport.' Don't think the bus is a 24 hour service.

Cheers for the info. Will make sure we can get back by bus or it’s a taxi.

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well me and Rob have decided to fly up after all. 9 am from Gatwick to Glasgow, giving us most of the day up there before the meeting. Is there much to see in Glasgow? Or better to zip over to Edinburgh? I am not interested in walking around Primark or a shopping Center.

Pity it isn't by car, if it was you could do worse than make your way up earlier in the day and stop at such as Biggar.  Edinburgh?  No.

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

with all the security in glasgow next week has this meeting been given official sanction to actually take place ?

Possill has its own security so no problem.:D

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not much talk from Glasgow fans on the subject of the meeting. Are they afraid to bring it up? I will make a prediction.Glasgow will need a 14-16 point lead to be champions.  If it’s 10  they still have a chance but need a rider to step up and score who hasn’t done too well at Poole in the past. Less then 10 and Pirates have every chance to be Champs. 

Well me and Rob have decided to fly up after all. 9 am from Gatwick to Glasgow, giving us most of the day up there before the meeting. Is there much to see in Glasgow? Or better to zip over to Edinburgh? I am not interested in walking around Primark or a shopping Center.

Better stay in Glasgow lots to see Kelvingrove and transport museums to name a couple,not sure how this COP 26 affects getting about though.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Better stay in Glasgow lots to see Kelvingrove and transport museums to name a couple,not sure how this COP 26 affects getting about though.

Sure KG and other attractions are closing during COP. Definitely read that somewhere

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why do I need to tell them? I'm just not going to buy it! I don't like coconuts but I am not going to inform the Tesco staff why I am not buying them. 

Anyone connected with a speedway club should not be swearing at fans or fan in this case. It doesn't matter if it was a wind up or not. 

:D

Ordinarily I'd say stay in Glasgow but I think it's essentially closed apart from COP. My office just off George Square closing for 2 weeks as well. 

59 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Sure KG and other attractions are closing during COP. Definitely read that somewhere

Thanks,was unaware of that.Day in Edinburgh might be better then.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Why would it? We are nowhere near the SEC.

Just looked up Kelvingrove museum and art gallery. Right up my street. 

Here’s a question. The stadium to Buchanan Bus Station for the last bus to the airport at 10.30pm. Walking approx 45 mins. Bit of a hike. Are there buses from the stadium, or better to call a taxi?