British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

10 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Av a great time up there getting behind the lads. Fantastic wot ur doing to get there, that's hardcore support  :cheers:

I'll be down for the 2nd leg, all booked in.

This is goin to be a truly amazing finale to the season.

C'mon the Pirates :party:

Where will you be in the stadium because I know your local track is Leicester, I have been there a few times and I don't think we have ever met although I have met Steve there on a couple of occasions.

What an absolute utter pain that this meeting coincides with COP26. Half the cities tourist sites are shut. A large area is cordoned off from the general public, and everywhere will be packed out making for a not very pleasurable experience. Might get to film a protest riot or something though. 

I suppose the best way to get to the stadium is by train to Ashfield, which is quite regular. Return gets us in at 10.25 meaning a rush to the bus station or a curry if one is still open for customers at 10.30. Mr Singhs closes at 10.30pm. Chaakoo Indian cafe is open until midnight and is central. We can take a taxi from there to the airport for allegedly £17. Will the taxis be allowed to hike their prices? Not officially but Sods law they will. 

All we need now is a cracking meeting.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What an absolute utter pain that this meeting coincides with COP26. Half the cities tourist sites are shut. A large area is cordoned off from the general public, and everywhere will be packed out making for a not very pleasurable experience. Might get to film a protest riot or something though. 

I suppose the best way to get to the stadium is by train to Ashfield, which is quite regular. Return gets us in at 10.25 meaning a rush to the bus station or a curry if one is still open for customers at 10.30. Mr Singhs closes at 10.30pm. Chaakoo Indian cafe is open until midnight and is central. We can take a taxi from there to the airport for allegedly £17. Will the taxis be allowed to hike their prices? Not officially but Sods law they will. 

Having COP in general is a giant pain in the arse!!! Whole city is basically locked out for it. I'm sure George Square will be the hub for all the protests, might be few Ned's having a go at them, usually a good laugh.

There's loads of buses might be more regular depending what roads are closed. 

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hopefully we will have a cracking meeting, COP26  is a pain in the ass for everyone , even those of us that live outside Glasgow ( I am a mile away from the airport) I sit in centre stand under referee box, will say hello if I see you

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Corners are probably a bit wider than Poole, but other than that pretty similar.

For us I think all going to depend if nowak can score in the away leg. Looked like an NL wobbler both away matches he's raced so far

Ashfield has a lot more banking on the bends than Poole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole track is in the best condition it has been in for a long while. Smooth and allowing for plenty of passing. 

Too right, bend 2 is awesome for drive! Thing is tho I'm gonna change me nickname for it unless I use it as irony....

The Waves of Wimborne Road.....:party:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Where will you be in the stadium because I know your local track is Leicester, I have been there a few times and I don't think we have ever met although I have met Steve there on a couple of occasions.

I'll either be sat with Steve & Rob or Mike & Alan. Either that or I'll be chewin on a hot dog & chips inside at a table (back straight) at about 645.

Any confirmed news on whether Jack Thomas is still guesting for Poole - after some on here reckoned his November average no longer allows him to (despite no average for him appearing on the updated BSPL website)?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Any confirmed news on whether Jack Thomas is still guesting for Poole - after some on here reckoned his November average no longer allows him to (despite no average for him appearing on the updated BSPL website)?

Zach cook on Poole's website

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Zach cook on Poole's website

So it does - its just been updated! Good to have the same 1-7 for both legs! Zach lodging at Middlo's along with brother Ben means he's been as much a part of the Poole team as riding for Plymouth with the added advantage that he has also partnered Ben Basso at reserve several times already.

Edited by Skidder1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So it does! Good to have the same 1-7 for both legs! Zach lodging at Middlo's along with brother Ben means he's been as much a part of the Poole team as riding for Plymouth with the added advantage that he has also partnered Ben Basso at reserve several times already.

Zach had one good ride got a 5-1 over Sam on one of his off days and Barker on a sick bike at ashfield. 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Zach had one good ride got a 5-1 over Sam on one of his off days and Barker on a sick bike at ashfield. 

Yes but I don't suppose he had both Holder brothers and Brady Kurtz in his corner then!!;)

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but I don't suppose he had both Holder brothers and Brady Kurtz in his corner then!!;)

No but he did have Jason crump and bjarne pedersen :P

Edited by Jaizer

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Black pudding is for breakfast only, and not something I go out of my way to eat. Bound to be a late night restaurant in the city somewhere.

Treat yourself to a pizza crunch, instant coronary but worth it ha

59 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I'll either be sat with Steve & Rob or Mike & Alan. Either that or I'll be chewin on a hot dog & chips inside at a table (back straight) at about 645.

OK see you there, might join you for a hot dog. 

• Like 1