British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

From glasgow side i think a lot depends on which craig cook turns up.without a big score from craig you could be in trouble .looking forward to this tonight .

From top of my head I don't remember cookie having a bad home meeting this season. Edinburgh meeting probably his worst but still got 12+1. Hopefully haven't cursed it

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Mon the pirates get this lot sorted out.

Listened to the speedway podcast and Sam Masters interview was interesting about Edinburgh track being different vs Poole. We prob got a bit lucky there! 

Just now, old bob at herne bay said:

So much depends on how much  Poole have offered their riders in bonuses and holidays in France should they win.

Well last time we won the league in 2018 (I think?) they went to Abu Dhabi F1 GP, was supposed to be Vegas but Freddie Jakobsen wasn't 21 then! lol. I'm sure Richie will remind Stevie of this fact! But I think most of it was arranged and paid for by sponsor/s. 

• Like 1

Queue the "Glasgow are the money men" jibes from blobby :P

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Track will 100% suit him, and if scores what he did out east then going to be very difficult for us. I'd like to think our bottom 4 fair bit stronger and in better form than the monarchs so sure can keep him to a few thirds lol

Glasgow track may suit Basso but Poole track will suit Nowak so I think they cancel each other out, Bailey will be better than Zach though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

From glasgow side i think a lot depends on which craig cook turns up.without a big score from craig you could be in trouble .looking forward to this tonight .

Don't see any reason why Craig won't get a max.

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Queue the "Glasgow are the money men" jibes from blobby :P

No money jibes. Just make sure those engines are checked tonight not wanting the pirates down by those dodgy 600cc they bring out time and again. :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, ray c said:

We should be streming this in the first place

Whether we should or shouldn't we aren't so be there or miss out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Listened to the speedway podcast and Sam Masters interview was interesting about Edinburgh track being different vs Poole. We prob got a bit lucky there! 

They always say that when they lose.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see any reason why Craig won't get a max.

Dont forget craig dont always ride our track that well so it is a meeting of two halves

Oh poop! We just had a  power cut, hope I don't av to charge me phone later before it comes back on!

Me thinks those Tigers just sabotaged the cables! 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Whether we should or shouldn't we aren't so be there or miss out.

Not thinking of myself there are a lot glasgow supporters who would like to see it as well 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So much depends on how much  Poole have offered their riders in bonuses and holidays in France should they win.

No it doesn't they ride for the glory!