British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

So his issue is with the referee then? Didn't think were particularly long holds. Seen worse

'Took the shine off the grand final' rather than spoilt it. Don't want to misquote! 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Cookie goaded him in first one made a wee movement he jumped. If was case why no complain to middlo get then to test tapes. Looking for excuses I'm afraid

After watching Sam tonight I think your initial summary that a move to a smaller track may help him improve.

He seemed very awkward entering bend 3 tonight for some reason usually attacks the high line , his inconsistency is the only thing consistent with him the last few weeks but overall a fair result tonight both teams guilty of gifting points.

Will ten be enough I have a sneaky feeling it will be , on the Basso Brennan incident Tom was left with nowhere to go it was a hard move by Basso and a bit naughty as he glanced too see where Tom was coming from but as he was in front the only call the referee could make was to exclude Tom.

If Tom is in front of him on Thursday I think he will be as equally hard on him as he looked less than impressed when Basso passed whilst he was getting to his feet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

After watching Sam tonight I think your initial summary that a move to a smaller track may help him improve.

He seemed very awkward entering bend 3 tonight for some reason usually attacks the high line , his inconsistency is the only thing consistent with him the last few weeks but overall a fair result tonight both teams guilty of gifting points.

Will ten be enough I have a sneaky feeling it will be , on the Basso Brennan incident Tom was left with nowhere to go it was a hard move by Basso and a bit naughty as he glanced too see where Tom was coming from but as he was in front the only call the referee could make was to exclude Tom.

If Tom is in front of him on Thursday I think he will be as equally hard on him as he looked less than impressed when Basso passed whilst he was getting to his feet.

Bend 3 was bit patchy think he just wasn't committed enough. Just think needs a season to develop his technical skills, could easily have had 9 points tonight.

It's one of those, I watched greivesy do it plenty times, only place got excluded was rye house. Only decision ref could make as was no contact.

Definitely think he'll look to pay it back in kind

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Maybe Danes are just taught to be harder on track. Bjarne was always nice and fair on track unless he was racing against another dane then it was elbows out and pushing them as wide as possible! 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Stevie saying tapes were rising too slowly? 

I made a comment to my friend next to me,I though they were too loose they seemed to go up quicker on the inside and outside because of it,there was some pretty uneven starts all night.IMO.just my opinion though obviously the Team Managers were OK with it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I made a comment to my friend next to me,I though they were too loose they seemed to go up quicker on the inside and outside because of it,there was some pretty uneven starts all night.IMO.just my opinion though obviously the Team Managers were OK with it.

Trying to think a race where rider on gate 3 wasn't 3/4 bike lengths behind by first turn. 2 was bit better not my much though

24 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Only way Poole will win comfortably is if they produce there usual MX track.. i predict a bumpy one, still will give Basso an excuse when he fences someone again  

Oh it'll be bumpy ok, Glasgow boys will know where the bumps are, they know where the best passing places are, just hope the ref takes the correct glasses and refuses to take a bribe ;)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Danes are just taught to be harder on track. Bjarne was always nice and fair on track unless he was racing against another dane then it was elbows out and pushing them as wide as possible! 

It’s a fine line hard or overstepping the boundaries, everyone sees things differently only Basso will know what one it was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

Oh it'll be bumpy ok, Glasgow boys will know where the bumps are, they know where the best passing places are, just hope the ref takes the correct glasses and refuses to take a bribe ;)

Facts please Trees!!;)

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Cookie goaded him in first one made a wee movement he jumped. If was case why no complain to middlo get then to test tapes. Looking for excuses I'm afraid

Worrall was on gate 4 and Craig on gate 3, so I can't see how Worrall could have been goaded by Craig into jumping the start. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

Worrall was on gate 4 and Craig on gate 3, so I can't see how Worrall could have been goaded by Craig into jumping the start. 

Peripheral vision

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Trying to think a race where rider on gate 3 wasn't 3/4 bike lengths behind by first turn. 2 was bit better not my much though

If you watch them when they reached the top of the gate,how much they flapped about loosely,don’t think they were 100%.somebody watching the Stream might have a better opinion though.

Just now, Fromafar said:

If you watch them when they reached the top of the gate,how much they flapped about loosely,don’t think they were 100%.somebody watching the Stream might have a better opinion though.

Watching it the now. Yeah see what you mean could've been tighter

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Cook Definately moved first but like you say Worrell was probably looking at the outside magnets so wouldn’t see Cook moving.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

It’s a fine line hard or overstepping the boundaries, everyone sees things differently only Basso will know what one it was.

I don't think he's ruthless (going from what I've seen this season) and he could have been looking behind because he was worried about being too close to Tom? But no one should be giving an inch in a playoff final. So if Tom wants to ride hard back, that's up to him!