British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Looking down the newly declared averages, its looks like a perfect fit from the North East could possibly be getting a phone call.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tight fit at 0.01 below. :D Certainly makes you more stronger.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, Jaizer said:

Here's my cynical view of the about to come speedway merry-go-round. Kyle Newman has a mystery illness to avoid difficult trips to Edinburgh and Glasgow for which could've reduced his July average to prevent Starkey coming in to replace him.

The young lad Killeen will need to replace Josh McDonald in order to fit Starke in, thus freeing him up to take Rowe's place with Leicester in July as his average will apparently be over 4.

Newman then probably go to Redcar, or in desperation at recent result Poole bring him in.

I know not all specific to Leicester but the intrigue in whose replacing Rowe made me choose this thread 

Ermm no. I like Kyle, he has been an important part in some of our title winning teams especially with 'gogglegate' !! But he would have to be in place of Drew or Ben, so there is no way. 

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Max clegg is a lion

...Again

One for the future?

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

...Again

One for the future?

I suspect it was the best option unless you know otherwise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

I suspect it was the best option unless you know otherwise.

Dunno... What was the name of that Aussie bloke, Keleher or something, people were tipping him, there's loads of young Aussie's riding in Poland. Or somebody from an NDL team. Or a young Dane, a la Jonas Knudsen at Berwick

I'm not complaining, nothing against Cleggy, just not a name that gets me fizzing and not really an investment in a rider for the future of the club like Knudsen should be for Berwick

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

...Again

One for the future?

He is 25 not 35 ???…. Only 2 years older than Dan Bewley !! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

Dunno... What was the name of that Aussie bloke, Keleher or something, people were tipping him, there's loads of young Aussie's riding in Poland. Or somebody from an NDL team. Or a young Dane, a la Jonas Knudsen at Berwick

I'm not complaining, nothing against Cleggy, just not a name that gets me fizzing and not really an investment in a rider for the future of the club like Knudsen should be for Berwick

A young Dane would have a 5.00 average, so you would need to replace at least two riders in order to fit him in, and revert to the original Team Building limit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

Dunno... What was the name of that Aussie bloke, Keleher or something, people were tipping him, ...

So Clegg is too old at 25 but Aussie Keleher at 29 is fine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So Clegg is too old at 25 but Aussie Keleher at 29 is fine?

I thought Keleher was a kid lol... turns out he's finished before he's started. Where has he been all his career?

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought Keleher was a kid lol... turns out he's finished before he's started. Where has he been all his career?

Australian outback.!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Australian outback.!

Walkabout?

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

I did think you were gonna sign him as he commented on a Leicester or Stewart Dickson tweet on twitter. Nothing personal but glad he's not coming back over.

Also Clegg a lot cheaper than flying an Aussie over but the only way Leicester should have signed Keheller over Clegg is if you get Plymouth in the playoffs. 

• Like 1