British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Is the average being used for Clegg his start of season one? With Newcastle's results and league points having been expunged from the championship table, their riders stats should be erased, too. Or is this too logical?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Is the average being used for Clegg his start of season one? With Newcastle's results and league points having been expunged from the championship table, their riders stats should be erased, too. Or is this too logical?

If I remember correctly from Eastbourne last year the riders kept their averages then the Newcastle results were expunged and new averages given to start 2022. Hence Kennet on 8.5 at Plymouth.

Bonkers I know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Leicester building a collection of Maxes 

Max 1 - Clegg

Max 2 - Perry

Max 3 - James

Who will be next?

Hope Max 1 is better at keeping his front wheel on the track than he was back in 2014

Bygraves? Is he still with us?

41 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Bygraves? Is he still with us?

No, he's gone to Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellenbogen by the Sea. :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No, he's gone to Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellenbogen by the Sea. :D

with his pink toothbrush 

2 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

The Aussie's in Poland would have a 5 point avg if they have been in a top division squad so would not fit.

Yeah... there's a load riding in the U24 league though that seem to have bypassed British Speedway altogether.

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah... there's a load riding in the U24 league though that seem to have bypassed British Speedway altogether.

It’s the tracks to ride in modern speedway.Probably a bit safer too.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

A lot of money wasted on kevlars never to be used 

Worrying to see that you obviously know the inside leg measurments of the Leicester team!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In my opinion Cleggy is a bit better than a Championship reserve, It will probably help that he has a bit of money to invest in equipment, I heard money was a bit difficult to obtain in the North East :wink:.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s the tracks to ride in modern speedway.Probably a bit safer too.

Sadly you're probably right

29 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Worrying to see that you obviously know the inside leg measurments of the Leicester team!!!!!

What an odd response

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Too much trouble probably

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

In my opinion Cleggy is a bit better than a Championship reserve, It will probably help that he has a bit of money to invest in equipment, I heard money was a bit difficult to obtain in the North East :wink:.

Yeah good craic. Kick a club when they're down. It's great isn't it that another club has bit the dust you absolute melon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

If I remember correctly from Eastbourne last year the riders kept their averages then the Newcastle results were expunged and new averages given to start 2022. Hence Kennet on 8.5 at Plymouth.

Bonkers I know.

There are arguments for and against here.
The way I see it, is that the team results have to expunged from the league tables since there is no fair way to leave them in.
The rider averages are, however, a measure of their current riding ability whether the races that contribute to that average are from expunged meetings or not.
I don't, however, see why new averages should be subsequently calculated at year end removing the expunged meetings (if that is what you're saying happened last year reference Eastbourne).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

There are arguments for and against here.
The way I see it, is that the team results have to expunged from the league tables since there is no fair way to leave them in.
The rider averages are, however, a measure of their current riding ability whether the races that contribute to that average are from expunged meetings or not.
I don't, however, see why new averages should be subsequently calculated at year end removing the expunged meetings (if that is what you're saying happened last year reference Eastbourne).

A bit like Schroedinger's Cat, then

• Haha 1