British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

Best I've seen Drew Kemp at Poole this season! Really unlucky on his second ride I think it was. Edinburgh gated on a 5-1, he seemed to go a bit too wide and ended up being a 4-2 to Poole. A lot of the first 8 heats were like that if Edinburgh had just a tiny bit more track craft at Poole, could easily been level on the night half way through. Josh Pickering and Richie Worrall performances were better than their score suggests. Richie winning both his first 2 races relatively comfortably for first two laps but Poole heatleaders were really up for it tonight, and there is no way that Rory was giving up that trophy! No one wanted it more than him tonight! Nearly every race he won he was looking at the crowd and raising his fist going over the line and his team riding was as excellent as always!

• Like 1

Just got back from a great nights speedway worthy of a final. Track in top notch shape. Well Don to Terry (trackerman) riders liked it.

Pirates just too strong for Monarchs who gave it their best shot. Poole’s strength in depth proving too much. Only 4 heat winners all night tells the story.

For Poole:

worrall excellent. Only dropped a point Al night in heat one.

Danyon battled for his points.

Rory unbeaten and on top form. Paid 15. Retiring a season or two too early imo. 
Cook battled and improved. Unlucky to be swept up in heat 14 when just about to take the lead. (See earlier posted video)

King only dropped one point.

Kennedy did his job. Better than expected. Well done to him.

Basso was struggling for speed but changed his bike and rattled off two straight wins.

For Monarchs:

Masters started well but faded

Rowe struggled

Thompson was not in the pace and not near a point.

Pickering disappointed. Expected more from him. Better here last time.

Worrall had a couple of great battles with King and his bruv.

Kemp as expected was hit then cold. Fair play to the youngster.

Edwards found the going a bit too tough.

So the Pirates win the KO Cup in front of a noisy and large crowd. I didn’t see any Edinburgh fans but if there were  few there, I am sure they wouldn’t have been too disappointed.

Next up Glasgow. Looking forward to it already.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A great meeting. Commiserations to Monarchs who battled hard but Pirates too strong. 

Was a good meeting racing wise I thought, glad that Ben Cook seems to be okay.

Wonder what @foreverblue has to say about Zaine? He was doing better than Basso first half of the meeting! Also had a little chuckle that even though we knocked Leicester out, he still gets a winners medal! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back from a great nights speedway worthy of a final. Track in top notch shape. Well Don to Terry (trackerman) riders liked it.

Pirates just too strong for Monarchs who gave it their best shot. Poole’s strength in depth proving too much. Only 4 heat winners all night tells the story.

For Poole:

Cook battled and improved. Unlucky to be swept up in heat 14 when just about to take the lead. (See earlier posted video)

Basso was struggling for speed but changed his bike and rattled off two straight wins.

For Monarchs:

Rowe struggled

So the Pirates win the KO Cup in front of a noisy and large crowd. I didn’t see any Edinburgh fans but if there were  few there, I am sure they wouldn’t have been too disappointed.

Next up Glasgow. Looking forward to it already.

I didn't see an Edinburgh fan but I did see a few Wolves ones (obv to see Rory and Sam) and a BV one (to see Richie and Steve?) 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A great meeting. Commiserations to Monarchs who battled hard but Pirates too strong. 

Congratulations to Poole.

PS: apologies for my earlier comment.

I'm in my b&b polishing the Trophy! Oh I say matron I Knocked that one Out! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I'm in my b&b polishing the Trophy! Oh I say matron I Knocked that one Out! :rofl:

Oh you are awful but I like you! :rofl:

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Was a good meeting racing wise I thought, glad that Ben Cook seems to be okay.

Wonder what @foreverblue has to say about Zaine? He was doing better than Basso first half of the meeting! Also had a little chuckle that even though we knocked Leicester out, he still gets a winners medal! 

Yes Lisa, Zaine did better than expected but couldn't do the play off and Zach is better at Poole usually and has been saved for the final. Still have no idea why he isn't doing away leg, they obviously think Jack Thomas is better at Glasgow. Personally I would think Zach is more reliable but Jack Thomas rode well there for Birmingham. 

• Like 2

What a great night! Decent racing (a little processional for the first few heats imo!), teriffic atmosphere from probably the largest attendance this season so far and......superb pyrotechnics throughout and especially at the end!

So the Monarchs de-throned, now to tame the Tigers.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For Poole:

For Monarchs:

Rowe struggled

Next up Glasgow. Looking forward to it a

not sure about your comment on josh pickering i thought he worked his socks off chasing our boys to no avail :t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

not sure about your comment on josh pickering i thought he worked his socks off chasing our boys to no avail :t:

Yes, in most of his races he was only inches behind them. Any slight mistake and he would have passed them. Quite exciting viewing when sat near the 4th bend!

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn't see an Edinburgh fan but I did see a few Wolves ones (obv to see Rory and Sam) and a BV one (to see Richie and Steve?) 

I saw a few Edinburgh fans in the car park after the meeting.

• Like 2