British Speedway Forum

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

£20 at the gate on the night,that’s a bit steep IMO.

£18 pay at the gate with a ‘blue card’ which are completely free and available to all and even cheaper if tickets bought in advance online so no need to pay £20

30 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

£18 pay at the gate with a ‘blue card’ which are completely free and available to all and even cheaper if tickets bought in advance online so no need to pay £20

I’m not disputing that but the casual fan or supporter from other clubs turn up on the night it’s £20.That’s all I’m saying is it’s rather steep.Just stream it .

• Like 1

£20 on the nite if I'm going to come from comets land it's God knows what in petrol once the season starts, so looks like monarch's and most teams won't get traveling fans, looks like streaming the way to go 

Edited by Neila
Wrong word
  • Like 2

Does anyone still rock up and just pay on the gate? Getting a ticket online ahead of time is pretty standard across sport these days even more so post covid. Hell i was at a 5th tier football match in England at the weekend and even it was all ticket!

Edited by JanAndersen

12 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Does anyone still rock up and just pay on the gate? Getting a ticket online ahead of time is pretty standard across sport these days even more so post covid. Hell i was at a 5th tier football match in England at the weekend and even it was all ticket!

Think they do still rock up and pay at the gate.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think they do still rock up and pay at the gate.

Is the rocking up at the gate something to do with age and dodgy knees and hips? 

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 2

It tends to be a last minute decision on a Friday if the stripes are off. 20 quid on the gate makes that decision a whole lot easier. Like from afar says just stream it for 12 quid n between me and the old man that's 18 quid saved.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Personally I think it should be the same admission price for everybody,unless you have saved on a season ticket.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 8:31 PM, gmuncie said:

Spot on with that.  This is now 2022 and all that it has brought with it - all kinds stuff costs more than we have all been accustomed to in the past.  All a question of priorities I guess and what the individual perceives as "value for  money".  This £20 red line appears on many discussions as a kind of waggy finger no no regarding value, when for example irrigating a wall on a Friday night with at least that amount of high value liquid ( allegedly for some ) would hardly merit discussion.  Personally, since retirement and with a near 100 mile round trip, my own budget does not permit attending "live" every week.  However, a combination of live streaming with alternate live attendances at matches suits me pretty well and still supports the team with much needed revenue.  We, at Edinburgh ( Armadale ) are indeed fortunate to have an excellent live streaming service available to offer to viewers and am sure more tracks will be following this route in the near future.

5 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Spot on with that.  This is now 2022 and all that it has brought with it - all kinds stuff costs more than we have all been accustomed to in the past.  All a question of priorities I guess and what the individual perceives as "value for  money".  This £20 red line appears on many discussions as a kind of waggy finger no no regarding value, when for example irrigating a wall on a Friday night with at least that amount of high value liquid ( allegedly for some ) would hardly merit discussion.  Personally, since retirement and with a near 100 mile round trip, my own budget does not permit attending "live" every week.  However, a combination of live streaming with alternate live attendances at matches suits me pretty well and still supports the team with much needed revenue.  We, at Edinburgh ( Armadale ) are indeed fortunate to have an excellent live streaming service available to offer to viewers and am sure more tracks will be following this route in the near future.

You need to get on the BSN streaming good value 

On 3/12/2022 at 12:37 PM, Fromafar said:

Personally I think it should be the same admission price for everybody,unless you have saved on a season ticket.

It’s not though and hasn’t been for a good while. The system must work otherwise it would be dropped. Buy early, if you’re an away fan and can’t make a rescheduled meeting the promotion will see you right I am sure. 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

It’s not though and hasn’t been for a good while. The system must work otherwise it would be dropped. Buy early, if you’re an away fan and can’t make a rescheduled meeting the promotion will see you right I am sure. 

Not many other tracks have this system of different prices on the day.Glad that the system seems to be working,it’s not for me though.

Edited by Fromafar

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Buying early for an away fan is quite a no go though, it could be an iffy forecast on the day and you decide you don’t want to travel up, you might be late home from work and can’t make it in time, there’s so many factors that would put you off ‘buying early’, as well as if it’s called off and you can’t make the rearrangement trying to get your money back would take time and effort. I’d buy in advance but only maybe the night before or the day of the meeting, when the forecast is a bit more locked in and you know if you’ll be able to go for sure, and even then it’s a bit of an inconvenience imo

So what's this 'blue card' scheme all about? They obviously want folk to have one of these or buy online and are trying to steer paying customers towards them. Presumably its possible to sit in the car park at 7pm and buy an online ticket on your phone for the cheapest price? 

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So what's this 'blue card' scheme all about? They obviously want folk to have one of these or buy online and are trying to steer paying customers towards them. Presumably its possible to sit in the car park at 7pm and buy an online ticket on your phone for the cheapest price? 

No you can’t buy online on the night.

• Thanks 1