British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

This entire season seems to have become a fiasco, they've now started the quarter finals before the league stage has even finished and the Jubilee Joke Cup seems to have largely been forgotten. I can see this season finishing in November after a 2 month sabbatical (August/September) by which time the weather will be dreadful and nobody will be able to afford their electricity bill let alone a ticket to the speedway. It's almost as if very few people inside the sport (excluding the riders) seems to care because i don't hear much complaint from anyone of any note. Even the Tigers Twitter feed seems to have been taken over by the keepers of the Eilean Mor lighthouse who have decided to leave everything as they found it and flee. The entire situation is bizarre. 

I agree,it seems like a mid season break unannounced.The sport is struggling to run 20 fixtures in a season now.The power at be have to get the riders availability under control.They just do as the please.Building GB Speedway around riders foreign commitments is doing nothing but harm to the sport.

• Like 2

As far as the Jubilee league fixtures are concerned, Poole Promoter Danny Ford has stated the plan is to schedule all 3 fixtures within a 7-10 day window!!!

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I agree,it seems like a mid season break unannounced.The sport is struggling to run 20 fixtures in a season now.The power at be have to get the riders availability under control.They just do as the please.Building GB Speedway around riders foreign commitments is doing nothing but harm to the sport.

Absolutely. When the club's decided wanted a home leg each for jubilee final the bspl should just have gone you've a free date this date that's your home leg deal with it. Having it after the play offs in the cold and most likely wet of October/ November is going to entice no-one. 

Not having a go at anyone in particular but need much stronger leadership and dare I say an independent chairman/ board. Glasgow and Leicester haven't had champ matches for weeks, should have been done and dusted by now imo

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not having a go at anyone in particular but need much stronger leadership and dare I say an independent chairman/ board. Glasgow and Leicester haven't had champ matches for weeks, should have been done and dusted by now imo

It's actually been a month since either had a home meeting Glasgow 5th August Leicester 6th.

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

It's actually been a month since either had a home meeting Glasgow 5th August Leicester 6th.

And that is the problem regarding some fans who will be out of the habit of attending.

The new fans will be wondering what is going on, thinking if it is a part-time sport, and then maybe tune in to Eurosport and see Glasgow and Edinburgh Riders riding for different teams.

And then I wonder why nobody I know takes it seriously.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

It's the same every year, it's a semi pro sport really, run by less than semi pro people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

It's the same every year, it's a semi pro sport really, run by less than semi pro people.

It’s sad,every year you  think the fixture list must be better next season,but alas same sh#t -different season.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

And 1 away I think shocking really 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

If the ppl running the sport can't see what the are doing to it theres no hope until they wake up imo doubt they will sadly 

• Like 2

I echo the gripes of the fans waiting weeks for a home fixture never mind an away day. 
Every year this happens & there’s a back log of fixtures which run into October when the weather is poor after going weeks throughout the season with no fixtures.This is not fan friendly & surely someone in power must address this.Maybe next year we will start around the Easter bank holiday w/end & put a fixture on but I wouldn’t bet on it. 

To have any future the sport needs impartial independent regulation and to run it's fixtures on optimum dates ( including not swerving those fetid grand prix meets).

• Like 1

Just waiting for the weather to take a turn before they resume.

They can’t be running whilst it’s relatively warm and dry that would be far to sensible for a summer sport.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Just waiting for the weather to take a turn before they resume.

They can’t be running whilst it’s relatively warm and dry that would be far to sensible for a summer sport.

Best-summer weather for years ,and weeks without speedway at Glasgow and Berwick.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Best-summer weather for years ,and weeks without speedway at Glasgow and Berwick.

Most clubs 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s sad,every year you  think the fixture list must be better next season,but alas same sh#t -different season.

But they are so good at it now so why change?:D

• Haha 1