British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe that's why senior riders very seldom do a lap of honour, it's an extra 25% in fuel,,, or maybe tha just keeping an eye on tha carbon footprint? ;)

You should apply for a job with the government the cost savings you could make would be colossal.

Impressive stuff.

22 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You should apply for a job with the government the cost savings you could make would be colossal.

Impressive stuff.

Exactly!,,, I do at this present time hold a position within local government, the move to central government would be easy IMO, if I wished too. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Exactly!,,, I do at this present time hold a position within local government, the move to central government would be easy IMO, if I wished too. ;)

You should use your influence to get the rent at Brough reduced.

Then it snowballs down the chain and the riders can then do their lap of honour after a heat win,

To be fair they are saving on that as the heat wins are scarce.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

You should use your influence to get the rent at Brough reduced.

Then it snowballs down the chain and the riders can then do their lap of honour after a heat win,

To be fair they are saving on that as the heat wins are scarce.

Hmmm, dunno,,, think it's like walking on eggs shells with them, especially if talking about money. But a did manage to ease a part of our requirements and hopefully will endeavour to make our stay there more pleasurable, thanks. 

11 hours ago, Gazc said:

Impressive stuff.

Glasgow should be submerged with requests from riders then.

My mate who is in the Flat Earth Society is adamant its downhill all the way home in neutral. :cheers:

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, Jaizer said:

Was poorly promoted IMO. Nothing on website I only knew was on from bspl website 

If you were on their mailing list you would have got an email on Wednesday 25th promoting it. It was also advertised on official Twitter and Facebook. 

As you missed all that, FYI Glasgow are staging an international test match  GB v rest of the world on Saturday 9th July 3pm start

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

If you were on their mailing list you would have got an email on Wednesday 25th promoting it. It was also advertised on official Twitter and Facebook. 

As you missed all that, FYI Glasgow are staging an international test match  GB v rest of the world on Saturday 9th July 3pm start

Not on mailing list and don't do the cesspits that are Twitter and Facebook. 

So as I said poorly promoted as missed a large part of the support who, like me are in the same boat.

Do you think there will be no announcement on the website or nationwide about that meeting? It's the first issue I've had in this regard, indeed has been no release on website since the Poole draw, not even a quote following the win at Berwick. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 7:06 PM, Noelinho said:

I was there. Fantastic racing, although it was a proper dust bowl! Great entertainment. You can't go wrong with 32 heats for a tenner. Not sure why more people weren't interested to be honest.

You're right about it being a dust bowl!  :rofl:

On 5/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, Jaizer said:

Was poorly promoted IMO. Nothing on website I only knew was on from bspl website 

They announced it during the meeting with Poole from what i recall.

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Not on mailing list and don't do the cesspits that are Twitter and Facebook. 

So as I said poorly promoted as missed a large part of the support who, like me are in the same boat.

Do you think there will be no announcement on the website or nationwide about that meeting? It's the first issue I've had in this regard, indeed has been no release on website since the Poole draw, not even a quote following the win at Berwick. 

The youth championship was in the fixture list at the start of the season. It's been in the programme every week. It was announced multiple times at the track v. Poole. 

Agree it's poor the websites is not updated regularly but the meeting was well advertised elsewhere 

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 8:52 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Depends on what you're prepared to do with a pig ;)

On 6/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, lisa-colette said:

Somewhere there is a Nigerian prince wondering what speedway is all about...

• Haha 1

Gp challenge taking shape. Thomsen, fricke, huckenbeck, Nilsson, j. Holder, wyzniak, lebedevs and tungate. Good field so far

Edited by Jaizer

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Gp challenge taking shape. Thomsen, fricke, huckenbeck, Nilsson, j. Holder, wyzniak, lebedevs and tungate. Good field so far

Tungate, totally forgot about him, never seems to be mentioned much these days.