British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
old bob at herne bay

Oxford Cheetah Cubs 2022

59 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I have been told it but dont know if its still active? 

The only benefit i can see is that it would prevent an unattached rider who is much better than his 3.00 grading taking multiple guest bookings a season, setting a high price and scoring big every meeting at reserve.  Obviously not a common tactic but entirely possible and could see results dictated by whoever gets the joker guest in. 

Well it happened (was it Dan Gilkes?) and so some promoter demanded the rule change. Not sure if it is still there though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Well it happened (was it Dan Gilkes?) and so some promoter demanded the rule change. Not sure if it is still there though.

Could have been Gilkes. I remember Spooner spent a year free and easy with no threat of being saddled with an average. 

Could easily happen with an up and coming rider. Especially if they get dialled in at a few tracks. I know its limited to twice per track as a guest but that could drive the higher bidder element further. 

Any rider gets an average after 4 meetings regardless of been unattached a guest named in a squad or number 8. We have looked into this intensely as our pilot has just turned 15. Potentially could do 4 meetings at number 8 and have one ride in each meeting. If he won the each heat would be saddled with a 12 point average 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Any rider gets an average after 4 meetings regardless of been unattached a guest named in a squad or number 8. We have looked into this intensely as our pilot has just turned 15. Potentially could do 4 meetings at number 8 and have one ride in each meeting. If he won the each heat would be saddled with a 12 point average 

He's good, but I'm not sure he's that good. :rolleyes:

Presumably cup and play-off matches don't count so that gives you some scope.

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

To be fair if Luke won each ride he would be getting more than one race a night (but i know what you mean) . 

I guess Jody Scott is going into a 1-7 very soon otherwise he is getting a 6+ average pretty soon. 

On 7/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, arnieg said:

He's good, but I'm not sure he's that good. :rolleyes:

Presumably cup and play-off matches don't count so that gives you some scope.

All official meetings count so no scope 

On 7/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

I take it that when he doesn't get a ride (like v Berwick) as a number 8 then it doesn't count as a meeting?

Jody Scott re-declared into the Chargers side on a 3.00 which becomes 6.11 on 17/7......that is a brilliant bit of team building and makes them the strongest looking team in the league in my view.

5 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

I take it that when he doesn't get a ride (like v Berwick) as a number 8 then it doesn't count as a meeting?

No you have to actually ride non riding number 8 don't count 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Jody Scott re-declared into the Chargers side on a 3.00 which becomes 6.11 on 17/7......that is a brilliant bit of team building and makes them the strongest looking team in the league in my view.

I’m glad for him as otherwise he’d have been straddled with an average nobody would want him on. 

• Like 2

Nathan Stoneman seems to have suffered a broken shoulder blade riding for Berwick, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, put in sterling effort all season for both Oxford teams.

• Like 1

Planning on coming down from Leicester for tomoorows play off between the Chargers and the Cubs but don't want to book on line if it's not entirely necessary.  Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay at the gate?  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Planning on coming down from Leicester for tomoorows play off between the Chargers and the Cubs but don't want to book on line if it's not entirely necessary.  Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay at the gate?  Thanks!

I don’t believe you can pay at the gate. I haven’t seen anyone do it. There aren’t any turnstiles just people scanning your tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Anzum said:

I don’t believe you can pay at the gate. I haven’t seen anyone do it. There aren’t any turnstiles just people scanning your tickets. 

O.K. Thank you!

27 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

I really can't see it being a big issue.

I don't think it will be close to a sell out crowd given the attendance figures at previous NDL meetings & if the worst case happens I'm sure you can book on your phone whilst at the stadium.