British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Where have all these young Czechs come from? Do they have a big junior programme like the "Big" Speedway nations?

A Czech under 21 team has competed in the Polish Junior Team Champs (DMPJ) in recent years

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They have a reasonable number coming through- no more than GB however.

We've pumped a lot of resources into our junior programme though, we know the Danes and Poles do and to some extent the Swedes, just wondering if the Czechs do, you get the feeling by watching them at the SoN2 that they don't

1 minute ago, iainb said:

We've pumped a lot of resources into our junior programme though, we know the Danes and Poles do and to some extent the Swedes, just wondering if the Czechs do, you get the feeling by watching them at the SoN2 that they don't

I think Pardubice have a big junior programme.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

haven't they had title winners at 250cc recently as well. maybe it was some of these lads?

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think Pardubice have a big junior programme.

Is that where these lads come from?

Just when you thought things couldn't get anymore shambolic on and off the track than last night :D

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Thanks, tried that and it says to 'contact my provider'. Lost interest in now.... 

Have you got Discovery+ entertainment AND sport.

I sure I read Sky package is entertainment only UNLESS you subscribed to sport as well. 
why not try one of the links R&R has posted?

8 minutes ago, sommelier1 said:

Worzel Gummidge could have got his bike off the track then

I've never rated him. All the initial hype and he seems to think he's a star, too important to push his bike till his mechanic arrived on the scene.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to say Brits look more afraid  of the conditions than others. While others are going for it, the Brits look like they are too tentative.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

What is this "holeshot" bollux? I get its meaning and relevance in motorcross and supercross, but in speedway the tag seems to be given out almost randomly.

It's a shame that the Speedway is interrupting the "Tractor Grading Convention" that's going on in Cardiff today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

What is this "holeshot" bollux? I get its meaning and relevance in motorcross and supercross, but in speedway the tag seems to be given out almost randomly.

It's more relevant than points scored from each gate as you don't always get the points from gating (except for Cardiff, where you do)

Seen enough of this crap... I'm off home! It'll probably still be on and I can catch the end

Edited by iainb