British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

I'm not sure.

You sure?

He almost took Lampart off before then.

• Like 1

I think if a final is to be rerun, then the riders should start in a staggered order. The rider leading should start 5 metres in front if second who starts 5 metres in front of third. A rerun rarely sees the same rider order coming off the second bend. The leading rider in the first running often loses out. Unfair.

• Like 3

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I think if a final is to be rerun, then the riders should start in a staggered order. The rider leading should start 5 metres in front if second who starts 5 metres in front of third. A rerun rarely sees the same rider order coming off the second bend. The leading rider in the first running often loses out. Unfair.

Yeah, the times you see that happen...

Outside gate was a graveyard, hope for better tomorrow, and a crowd to keep us warm.

Lampart looked unbeatable, until he was in the most unlucky circumstances.

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I'd go with that.. 

Felt sorry for Lampart, he had it 'in the bag' and would have sneaked third overall. 

Well done to the Polish kid!

Terrible, terrible, terrible camera work throughout and the incomprehensible scoring system really came home to roost tonight with Kelvin and Chris audibly doing the maths over the mic at the end... totally ridiculous! (Yes I'm sure you knew exactly what was going on R&R with your super computer!)

No doubt more of the same tomorrow night. 

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, tomhaines said:

Wouldn’t feel the cold as much if there was anything interesting going on on track. 
3 awful rounds of what was previously an exciting championship before DSE got their mits on it. 

Not sure it's Discovery's fault, just a poor crop of riders for me. Fair enough Prague and Cardiff were naff tracks, which they can control, but not much else they can do. How many of this field will make world class level? Maybe 4 or 5? Even then the likes of Miskowiak and Lampart are hardly exciting to watch.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:14 PM, racers and royals said:

That’s great news- should prove exciting to watch.

Actually he was rubbish, even when he had enough back up people in the pits.

Me thinks this SGP2 is a good idea in principle. Having them riding in the biggest stadia without a crowd, having some chap who has NO IDEA interviewing them for tv and KT and CL trying to be polite in commentating makes it a joke though.

There's this Jeff fellow in twitter who cant stop moaning how rubbish the Discovery presentation is. Dont tell him, but he’s right.

6 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Actually he was rubbish, even when he had enough back up people in the pits.

Me thinks this SGP2 is a good idea in principle. Having them riding in the biggest stadia without a crowd, having some chap who has NO IDEA interviewing them for tv and KT and CL trying to be polite in commentating makes it a joke though.

There's this Jeff fellow in twitter who cant stop moaning how rubbish the Discovery presentation is. Dont tell him, but he’s right.

Agree FSP, fantastic idea in principle but it just hasn’t worked. Will be interesting to see if they go for more of the same in 23 (likely) or do something different… it worked better stand alone but now it’s under the same umbrella I can’t see them wanting to promote additional stand alone events.