British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

I'm not clued up on the visa rules but what about Aussie guys who've not been over for a few years? Kozza Smith, Taylor Poole, Dakota North and Arthur sissis come to mind. Was erratic Canadian rode for Sheffield few years back legault. Maybe these guys retired I don't know

15 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm not clued up on the visa rules but what about Aussie guys who've not been over for a few years? Kozza Smith, Taylor Poole, Dakota North and Arthur sissis come to mind. Was erratic Canadian rode for Sheffield few years back legault. Maybe these guys retired I don't know

Only trouble is did they really make the grade when they previously came over, not really, and probably worse now if still riding, and you would have to pay the current rate for a rider who's substandard championship level. It just again shows the damage the powers that be did by finishing off a competitive NL of a few seasons ago for self interest, I'm sure the conveyor belt of the Brennen's, Palin etc would have continued to a greater extent than it has since. I know it won't answer all the problems with rider shortage, but I bet Birmingham, Eastbourne, Kent and others would have stayed in a competitive NL, less teams in the championship so more riders to go round and continuing to bring through the young talent. Too much of a threat to the upper leagues though. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The names you mention certainly wouldn’t interested.IMO.Kozzo plays around in OZ.The rest are off the the radar.

• Like 1

Kozza retired due to injury. Taylor fell out of love with speedway. 
I think Dakota went to help his father in the family business and Kyle became a fireman back home in Canada. 
exactly the sort of thinking to find a rider though. Ellis perks maybe 

• Thanks 1

LR could always try to persuade the likes of Davey Watt or Josh Graszjonek?  Davey has been back on a bike in the Darcy Ward meetings in Aussie.

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Kozza retired due to injury. Taylor fell out of love with speedway. 
I think Dakota went to help his father in the family business and Kyle became a fireman back home in Canada. 
exactly the sort of thinking to find a rider though. Ellis perks maybe 

That would be a great signing, but assume whatever he's done work wise since 'retirement' if successful would anyone really want to swop that in the current climate? 

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

LR could always try to persuade the likes of Davey Watt or Josh Graszjonek?  Davey has been back on a bike in the Darcy Ward meetings in Aussie.

Can’t imagine how much it would cost to get that pair on a bike even if they were interested.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Only trouble is did they really make the grade when they previously came over, not really, and probably worse now if still riding, and you would have to pay the current rate for a rider who's substandard championship level. It just again shows the damage the powers that be did by finishing off a competitive NL of a few seasons ago for self interest, I'm sure the conveyor belt of the Brennen's, Palin etc would have continued to a greater extent than it has since. I know it won't answer all the problems with rider shortage, but I bet Birmingham, Eastbourne, Kent and others would have stayed in a competitive NL, less teams in the championship so more riders to go round and continuing to bring through the young talent. Too much of a threat to the upper leagues though. 

The NL was never a threat to anyone just got its pay structure all wrong. You seem to forget that those mentioned teams , plus Lakeside and Cradley were the teams that paid way above and beyond the NL rates thus making it a ‘ professional’ paid league for amateurs and giving easy money to riders who shouldn’t have ridden at the lower level meaning the end of the likes of Buxton, one of the few clubs who ran the correct way for the NL.

The lack of UK riders is because the higher clubs sought foreign riders far too often when British riders were available and so your average second strings and below simply gave up the sport.

• Like 1

at 2nd div level you could probably tempt loads of ex riders if the kit was cheaper and they could actually make a couple of quid. I can't say how the kit could be cheaper at 2nd div level as i have no mechanical knowledge bit it needs to be done

4 minutes ago, ch958 said:

at 2nd div level you could probably tempt loads of ex riders if the kit was cheaper and they could actually make a couple of quid. I can't say how the kit could be cheaper at 2nd div level as i have no mechanical knowledge bit it needs to be done

but they gave up because the kit wasn’t cheap so …

Has Ludvig Lindgren completely retired from racing? If not, let's start a rumour...:cheers:

7 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Has Ludvig Lindgren completely retired from racing? If not, let's start a rumour...:cheers:

He has not retired,still riding in Sweden.

19 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He has not retired,still riding in Sweden.

There you go then.... one down, two to go. 

So, how about Shawn McConnell as the second of the three? Still entertaining the crowds in the USA and a firm favourite of the fans of a certain generation.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1