British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Well, just a few seasons back, Edinburgh only completed their team when they signed up Claus Vissing at P&P, after he's performed well at the BenFund meeting at Berwick the previous week -- and more recently the same club went into P&P with an open invitation to "any rider who wants to show his worth" to claim their last team spot --- and landed a 16-year-old no-one had heard of, called Dan Bewley.

I would think Belle Vue would take issue with that, or anyone who had attended the Scunthorpe meetings or spoken to various other Cumbrians. Dan may have "burst" onto the scene but he wasn't exactly an unheard of secret.

the riders they might be after will know they are needed and will want top dollar so it becomes a stalemate but if they don’t agree terms and LR has others on the side line they might end up with no ride 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

the riders they might be after will know they are needed and will want top dollar so it becomes a stalemate but if they don’t agree terms and LR has others on the side line they might end up with no ride 

Dont think theres any riders left who would be left with no ride if they dont ride for Birmingham  

8 hours ago, lewy said:

Care to share the reasons for your renewed optimism. 

Just quoting fans forum! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

6 weeks ago he was waiting on 2 to return paperwork LR was. No he's got a choice 6-8riders yet most can not see where 3 half decent riders are available. LR need stop putting out false PR and say what is really going on.

Can I ask why is an Eastbourne fan, who's following Kent royals next season, so bothered about Bhams team? Your posts are boring!

7 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Why don't you change the record zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe if I hadn't spent £400 on season tickets and been subjected to dust bowls every week I would.

5 hours ago, Technik said:

I remember the good old days before mobile phones, computers & social media when the first we knew of the seasons lineup was when we turn up for P & P day & they were sent out one by one. Now everyone wants the next seasons lineup released on November 2nd. Just relax I'm sure it will all be in place for the first meeting.

There's a big difference between wanting to know the team towards the end of February & demanding to know the team at the beginning of November though!

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There's a big difference between wanting to know the team towards the end of February & demanding to know the team at the beginning of November though!

Szkocjasid you seem to have made a very big jump from want to demand.

Please check my post again. I think you will find the word "want" but not "demand" 

I was pointing out how patient fans were before social media & modern technology changed how people think. Back in the day we would meet once a week & discuss in our small groups which riders we would like to be our team for the coming season. Move forward to 2022 the small group have now expanded to the world of the internet & waiting at our hand on a small device all the imformation is there. The main difference is it might not be the correct imformation just an uninformed one from an impatient poster in another land.

I repeat relax & be patient. There will be 7 riders on track for the first meeting all wearing a big red B on their chest.

3 hours ago, Technik said:

I repeat relax & be patient. There will be 7 riders on track for the first meeting all wearing a big red B on their chest.

Yes you are correct, but will those 7 riders with a big red B be competitive?, if they are not then the Brummies will struggle to complete the season, they seem to already be struggling to find major sponsors which was part of the pre season plan.

Great News...

Tai Woffinden is making a key announcement at 6pm next Tuesday :o

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Great News...

Tai Woffinden is making a key announcement at 6pm next Tuesday :o. Team manager at Brum, lol

Edited by Gerbat1875

On 2/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, uk_martin said:

Great News...

Tai Woffinden is making a key announcement at 6pm next Tuesday :o

I thought this section was for Birmingham topics ;).

30 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I thought this section was for Birmingham topics ;).

But it is. BSPL have given Birmingham a special dispensation to use Tai on a 13.5 average for home meetings only. They will be allowed to use up to a 9 point guest for away meetings

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I thought this section was for Birmingham topics

That was the theory - once.

Trawl back through the 82 pages worth of posts and if more than half of them bear any more than a passing resemblance to a relevance to Birmingham, I'd be amazed.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I would think Belle Vue would take issue with that, or anyone who had attended the Scunthorpe meetings or spoken to various other Cumbrians. Dan may have "burst" onto the scene but he wasn't exactly an unheard of secret.

The first time I heard of Dan was when he was announced he would be riding on his own in our second half, and someone said "he's worth watching". He hadn't rode for anyone at that stage and looked very raw on our tight bends. I particularly noticed he rode too close to the inside of 1st and 3rd bends, clipping the kerb practically every time. In his later rides he moved out, as you should, so he came out of those bends with a better line that he could maintain, before coming out of the 2nd and 4th corners wide like everyone else does. I obviously watched his progress after that as he was being treat very well with lots of second half track time. 

• Like 1