British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

3 hours ago, bruno said:

Hi Jitendra 

I've just gone to sign up and when it gets to pay it says you will be charged £109 now then £109 every year. I thought it was not automatically renewed

Hi Bruno.

It won’t automatically renew. The platform that BSN is using to live stream automatically offers that message, but we override that in our T&Cs.

I can promise you that the pass will not auto-renew and apologise for any confusion. I hope that gives some reassurance.

Kind regards,

Jitendra

Edited by jduffill

2 hours ago, jduffill said:

Hi Bruno.

It won’t automatically renew. The platform that BSN is using to live stream automatically offers that message, but we override that in our T&Cs.

I can promise you that the pass will not auto-renew and apologise for any confusion. I hope that gives some reassurance.

Kind regards,

Jitendra

Signed up thanks for getting back to me. Hope it's a great success

• Thanks 1

All a bit too rich for my blood I am sad to say, £17.99 a month is unfortunately not affordable or justifiable for me personally.

I'm actually probably part of the target market, strangely despite my involvement on Updates, I haven't been to a live speedway meeting for around 3 years now because of my disabilities and affordability (costs a bomb to take a carer to push you around and I was too exhausted and in pain to enjoy it anyway). Obviously I am not 'lost' to the sport in terms of wider involvement, just in attendance.

Hope it is a huge success though and it will be great for those unable to get to meetings either due to distance, home commitments or disabilities.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, crazysue said:

All a bit too rich for my blood I am sad to say, £17.99 a month is unfortunately not affordable or justifiable for me personally.

I'm actually probably part of the target market, strangely despite my involvement on Updates, I haven't been to a live speedway meeting for around 3 years now because of my disabilities and affordability (costs a bomb to take a carer to push you around and I was too exhausted and in pain to enjoy it anyway). Obviously I am not 'lost' to the sport in terms of wider involvement, just in attendance.

Hope it is a huge success though and it will be great for those unable to get to meetings either due to distance, home commitments or disabilities.

Really hope you don't mind this comment @crazysue but I wonder if there is some way the BSN could allow a reduced fee for anyone registered disabled.

Maybe the validation would be prohibitive but it would be a really positive story for Speedway if it recognised the issues facing the disabled community. Apologies if I'm using the incorrect terminology. I'm not aware of any other streaming service which offers this.

There's an obvious reason to do it as well. To acknowledge those braves riders who have ended up disabled in the course of entertaining us.

I've signed up for Season Pass, but trying to access via my smart tv I get a message about there being a problem with the website's security certificate - when I bypass this I get the "sign up now" screen but no option to sign in. Can anyone offer advice please?

Is there a recommended browser to watch this on Smart TV's?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Think I've seen google chrome mentioned (I can't fathom how to install on my samsung smart tv though).

43 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Think I've seen google chrome mentioned (I can't fathom how to install on my samsung smart tv though).

I think chrome is meant for other android devices, apparently it can be installed but not in a standard way. I've looked at Puffin TV browser but i think there maybe a limit on free usage to 1 hour a day. It'd be good if somebody could recommend something

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I think chrome is meant for other android devices, apparently it can be installed but not in a standard way. I've looked at Puffin TV browser but i think there maybe a limit on free usage to 1 hour a day. It'd be good if somebody could recommend something

Worse case scenario I'll HDMI it!

• Like 3

On 3/26/2022 at 11:50 AM, iainb said:

Yeah was going to ask the same question coz my dad has signed up to this service also, he's ever upgraded to a smart TV so he can hopefully view it via an app or by some other way.

Well ive just done a bit of digging and the smart TV(Sky Glass) my dad has got ain't a lot of cop compared to a standard smart TV, for one is doesn't have a browser and you also can't mirror to it or Airdrop from another device, looks like it'll av to be linked up with an HDMI cable.

23 minutes ago, lukasdrymllukas said:

Just signed up...

No speedway in the Brighton area this year so, bar Cardiff, worth it so see some Speedway...

Now, who to cheer on ??

Looking at your user name, surely Lukas Dryml's first UK club, Oxford