British Speedway Forum
Yearbyred

Redcar v Newcastle Tyne Tees Trophy 25/03/22

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Only Poole's reserves on lower aves than Redcar's.

Jenkins should be the highest scoring reserve, but expect Edwards to score 1-2 & Congreave 0-1.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Edwards is a talent.IMO.Expect him to show good improvement this season.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Edwards is way better than that. Very impressed with him when was guesting for the enemy at the end of last season

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Jason Edwards is a great prospect and will prove to be a good signing for Redcar imo.

I don't think Edwards is particularly weak, but after heat 2, he meets the 1+2 / 3+4 pairings, with Newcastle having a solid top 5, it's a difficult position (number 6)!

Edited by szkocjasid

49 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think Edwards is particularly weak, but after heat 2, he meets the 1+2 / 3+4 pairings, with Newcastle having a solid top 5, it's a difficult position (number 6)!

Top notch punditry that.

Looks like Roynon's pop at the Diamonds has inspired him more than the bad place.

I think BWD, Complin and Congreve are all going to take several meetings to get up to whatever speed they are capable of, and Starke was a big miss. Plus Redcar look one of the better teams so it's not and shouldn't be complete doom and gloom for Newcastle. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

60 - 29. Newcastle did better than I expected to be fair.

Aye, could've been worse.

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think BWD, Complin and Congreve are all going to take several meetings to get up to whatever speed they are capable of, and Starke was a big miss. Plus Redcar look one of the better teams so it's not and shouldn't be complete doom and gloom for Newcastle. 

BWD shouldn't be taking several meetings to get the better of second strings. Reserves fair enough but need to find some hefty improvement.  Whilst away meetings aren't where points will come for the Diamonds its going to need to be  a massively improved home performance if thos season is to last the distance 

Hard to read too much into that really. 

No idea what BWD was doing wiping out Roynon after heat 1. Very poor. 

Clegg rode well for the Diamonds and was the main threat alongside Wright. Complin showed enough that he will do OK I think. 

Kerr was never going to be beaten if not for bike issues, and all three heat leaders looked good. Roynon did well, and impressed with the reserves - Edwards deserved more for his efforts. 

Cant really read too much into this I don't think - but should be a good battle for the Bears number 1 spot this year. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, boz said:

Hard to read too much into that really. 

No idea what BWD was doing wiping out Roynon after heat 1. Very poor. 

Clegg rode well for the Diamonds and was the main threat alongside Wright. Complin showed enough that he will do OK I think. 

Kerr was never going to be beaten if not for bike issues, and all three heat leaders looked good. Roynon did well, and impressed with the reserves - Edwards deserved more for his efforts. 

Cant really read too much into this I don't think - but should be a good battle for the Bears number 1 spot this year. 

Royno and BWD have a personal dislike.. most likely stems from that 

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Royno and BWD have a personal dislike.. most likely stems from that 

Even if that’s the case to deliberately ride through 2 riders shaking hands and knock one of them off is pathetic and dangerous. Wasn’t close enough in the actual race to do anything as stupid fortunately.

Like Boz said hard to judge after 1 meeting, all the Bears had at least 1 paid win but will face much stronger opposition. Bears top 3 were a class apart and the rest of the team solid.

A few Diamonds showed glimpses and Complin deserved more for his efforts but as a team they were constantly outgated. Congreave looked ok but was poor out of the starts and made it impossible for himself on his first visit to the track. Think they will struggle away from Brough Park.

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Even if that’s the case to deliberately ride through 2 riders shaking hands and knock one of them off is pathetic and dangerous. Wasn’t close enough in the actual race to do anything as stupid fortunately.

Like Boz said hard to judge after 1 meeting, all the Bears had at least 1 paid win but will face much stronger opposition. Bears top 3 were a class apart and the rest of the team solid.

A few Diamonds showed glimpses and Complin deserved more for his efforts but as a team they were constantly outgated. Congreave looked ok but was poor out of the starts and made it impossible for himself on his first visit to the track. Think they will struggle away from Brough Park.

Agree BWD is a d**k just shedding some light on why 

3 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think they will struggle AT Brough Park!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BWD sleeping with roynons wife and then purposely knocking him off after the race. 

BwD should receive a ban for his actions after race 1. 

Although I wasn't there, was it as bad as the updates say????

• Like 1

Forgetting how woeful a performance it was from the diamonds, how shocking was it that they had a full back cover for Stuart Robson’s testimonial and only went and spelt his name wrong :icon_smile_clown: very poor!

Legend of the sport and I am sure there will be much better racing next week. 

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Forgetting how woeful a performance it was from the diamonds, how shocking was it that they had a full back cover for Stuart Robson’s testimonial and only went and spelt his name wrong :icon_smile_clown: very poor!

Legend of the sport and I am sure there will be much better racing next week. 

It's a shame Newcastle couldn't see fit to host Robbo's meeting with him being a Diamonds legend. He only had 1 stunted season at Redcar (and a short spell at Middlesbrough) but he has been a great servant to the sport and deserves his farewell meeting regardless.

• Like 3