British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 02/04/2022 Championship

LEICESTER: Nick Morris, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Dan Thompson, Richie Worrall, Anders Rowe, Joe Thompson.

SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Simon Lambert, Jordan Palin, Tero Aarnio, Jake Allen, Ryan Kinsley, Zaine Kennedy.

I'm surprised this hasn't been called off already, it's forecast to be wet tomorrow, it's forecast to be cold tomorrow evening and there's Football on the telly... all reasons used to cancel in the past.

• Haha 1

Just checked. Met Office saying 50% of rain between 1-2pm. Little chance of rain the rest of the day. Possibly a little early. If it was to rain between 3-4pm The Gaffer can have his feet up in the "Beaumont Leys Hilton" as nature has done his job . It's not forecast to freeze until well after the scheduled finish.  But possibly a night for the bobble hat.

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I think Stewart Dickson's eyes will be on a much-more-important match on Sunday!

When we mock the credibility of British Speedway we forget Scottish football. ‘There’s  always someone worse off than you’ as your Mum would say.

• Haha 2

Should be a closer one this evening. Still think the lions will be too strong for them but Scunthorpe have built a decent side and expect some racing tonight. 50-40 Leicester

Hope Jake Allen is better than he was on Monday.

I think Scunny might keep it within 20points. Douglas will take 6 rides, Kennedy will get 6 or 7 rides.

I wonder how many of our lads have been out to practice on other tracks. I know Ryan has been to Leicester & I would have thought, having 2 ex Leicester riders in our side, we could have benefitted from a private practice session. A mistake seen on videos & reading on updates is that home riders capitalize on away riders mistakes(not just at Leicester but Edinburgh also) is that riders attack the apex of bends 1 & 3, locking up chopping their speed or drifting wide out of bends 2 & 4. It seems, by watching home riders, is to open out the bends riding a few metres away from the inner kerb keeping better control & speed. It also seems that diving up the inside out of bend 2 & keeping it tight to the rear wheel in bends 3 & 4 going round the outside are prime overtaking areas.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I wonder how many of our lads have been out to practice on other tracks. I know Ryan has been to Leicester & I would have thought, having 2 ex Leicester riders in our side, we could have benefitted from a private practice session. A mistake seen on videos & reading on updates is that home riders capitalize on away riders mistakes(not just at Leicester but Edinburgh also) is that riders attack the apex of bends 1 & 3, locking up chopping their speed or drifting wide out of bends 2 & 4. It seems, by watching home riders, is to open out the bends riding a few metres away from the inner kerb keeping better control & speed. It also seems that diving up the inside out of bend 2 & keeping it tight to the rear wheel in bends 3 & 4 going round the outside are prime overtaking areas.

It sounds like you could have been World Champion :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Pity your team never read your post :t:

• Haha 1

Have Dan and joe swapped places so the good ones back at reserve. :P

Edited by Mr Blobby