British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Col said:

Not really sure why the meeting scheduled at Owlerton is the Monday & the meeting at the NSS is on the Thursday.  Surely the natural order of things would be vice versa.

This is British Speedway promoters don't forget, defied any kind of logic or common sense for years, and I use the term 'promoters' very, very loosely obviously...

5 hours ago, Col said:

Not really sure why the meeting scheduled at Owlerton is the Monday & the meeting at the NSS is on the Thursday.  Surely the natural order of things would be vice versa.

The pairs match at Sheffield on 24th, October, is not happening, at least not on this date, they are now scheduled to ride the outstanding Ipswich fixture.

Anyone else wondering why bother with this now especially if their not running the 5th round. I thought this could have been a good idea, the first 4 produced some decent racing and was building up nice then it disappeared and as now turned into a pointless shambles

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bruno said:

Anyone else wondering why bother with this now especially if their not running the 5th round. I thought this could have been a good idea, the first 4 produced some decent racing and was building up nice then it disappeared and as now turned into a pointless shambles

I'm wondering where I go to for my refund as I attended the Peterborough leg on the understanding that this was leg 1 of 6.

Why would any Speedway fan buy into ANY competition that is staged if they're not going to fulfil it?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

The six rounds could be completed if round 5 is at Sheffield on Thursday 27th and the final one at Belle Vue  on Monday 31st or even the previous day in the afternoon leaving Monday as a back-up day. All subject to stadium availability though.

The meeting at the NSS had better happen, my admittance was paid for in February with this rest of my season ticket 

Ok! I might go. Novel.

Wow.... Speedway on a Tuesday in Leicester.... is it back at Blackbird Road?  :D :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is this the first round of the 2023 competition? Good thinking BSPL, getting ahead of themselves to save fixture congestion for next year!

More to the story here:

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.32092

Good that all six rounds are to be staged otherwise it would have been pretty much a foregone conclusion that Ipswich would take the title. They probably will anyway but a poor round at Leicester could spice up the final round at Belle Vue.

Amazingly well ran in the UK, this sport isnt it?...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Total farce of a sport

Every year they deliver it worse

The most successful season the powers that be had running the sport was the year covid put a stop to it

• Like 2

It isn't like it is the first time it has happened.  Wolves had to run their "home" KO Cup final fixture against Peterborough at Long Eaton once.

Will Leicester enter with Morris and Howarth...?

Or will they be needed for Wolves and Sheffield? 

All very confusing this UK Speedway isnt it? :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1