British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Czech GP round 3 Prague Saturday May 28th

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The Dave Rowe voiced highlights programme on Tuesday starts at 11.15pm on Eurosport 1

I've heard it's only ten minutes long :P

Highlights if they can find any !!! On quest tonight at midnight

Was thinking of doing the Prague GP sometime but after last night's showing will look at another polish round, done warsaw

Pretty standard fare for Marketa, looked to be a lower crowd than years gone by, Covid restrictions accepted, with even empty seats on the home straight.

• Like 1

Yes, it was not a very good crowd, there were many empty seats, but tickets have become rather expensive since the Marketa Stadium has been turned in to an all-seater arena a few years ago. There are very few locals attending the Prague GP nowadays. 

8 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Yes, it was not a very good crowd, there were many empty seats, but tickets have become rather expensive since the Marketa Stadium has been turned in to an all-seater arena a few years ago. There are very few locals attending the Prague GP nowadays. 

Organiser need to learn the lesson then that somethings less is more. Drop the ticket prices and you get a full stadium.

What was the referee doing when Dan fell...I did hear he was waiting until the riders had crossed the line so no rerun would be required!!

Well done to Tai and Dan last night, I think Robert Lambert will still improve this year and make a few semi finals at least.

Hopefully Tai can continue his good form and improve as the season goes on.

2 hours ago, Ajr said:

Yeah, I think it shows that once the Poles get off the motorway tracks and have to use throttle control their lack of riding rough tracks shows through,  makes me wonder if he would have been as dominant over the last few years had the GP,s not been predominantly on Polish tracks.

The fact that you honestly believe that anyone in the GP line up other than Tai has better throttle control than Zmarzlik is laughable.

The track last night wasn't what I would call rough exactly, it was just crap and you couldn't t land a pass.

How is having 3 of 10, 11 or 12 rounds having the majority of rounds in Poland? It means there are more rounds not in Poland. 

Having a round at Wroclaw doesn't help Zmarzlik. He rides there twice a year and two of his principal rivals (3 last year) practice there every day.

Missing the Cardiff round the last two years has hindered Zmarzlik as well. He's ridden there 4 times and been in the final every time.

Very odd the way some people don't rate Zmarzlik.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zmarzlik did not like Glasgow  last October either 

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Thing is who predicted a Vaculik win!

Me, I won a few pennies on him too 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, screm said:

Organiser need to learn the lesson then that somethings less is more. Drop the ticket prices and you get a full stadium.

How about put some dirt on the track that creates plenty of passing then you would probably get a full stadium 

If you plan to go to a gp do you seriously think a few extra euros on the ticket price is going to stop you going to one..strange comment about the size of the crowd relating to ticket prices 

8 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Thing is who predicted a Vaculik win!

He rode very well, like we know he can when things are right for him. I like him, and hop he does well this year. Got to keep injury free though.          
re Bewley’s fall. I agree with what has been said…. The ref didn’t red flag it until the end of that lap so the race could be declared finished. The result was certain at that point so a good call.
I remember few years ago Woffys frame breaking at the headstock too.  And it happened to me in a grass track in my younger days…… that was a rough field that day. Not nice head butting the ground though.   
I hear today that the F1 future races in Monaco are under threat. New owners for the series, just like in speedway, they now weeding out circuits that don’t give good racing. But in relation to Monaco, the new F1 owners don’t have a lot of control of the actual organising of the event, so loose out on a lot of revenue.

2 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

If you plan to go to a gp do you seriously think a few extra euros on the ticket price is going to stop you going to one..strange comment about the size of the crowd relating to ticket prices 

At today Moto GP in Mugello, Italy tickets in the grandstand were over £200, elsewhere round the track around £100.  Expected crowd was 100,000, the actual crowd was reported at around 40,000.         
Over the last 2 years businesses have lost a lot of revenue during lockdown, but the public are not complete idiots, they not going to pay overinflated prices to compensate lost income.     
Same with holidays in the uk, prices shot up this year. Now booking absents are cutting prices to try to get places filled. What they should have done is keep price rises moderate so families will take a uk holiday, see what  beautiful countryside and good amenities there are in the uk so they will book again next year. But greed set in.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:04 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Zmarzlik fails again. Great stuff.

He's a racing tart. Put him on a track where passing is impossible, and the rest of the line up have a decent chsnce against him....

Possibly the worst GP I've seen, partly compensated by the good performances by Tai and Dan.  Pretty disappointing to see people writing Lambert off, he's young and certainly one of the top 15 riders in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1