British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow CL 28/5/22 @7pm

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

One of Glasgow's best managers got the shove after making a dodgy decision at Berwick before though I doubt history could repeat itself for various reasons  this time.

So that Dickson could install himself as manager and was likely just waiting for the opportunity. In reality no manager, experienced or not gets every decision right.

• Like 1

Glasgow deserved the win. More ruthless from the tapes for most of the night. Weird evening for Cook. Didn’t look comfortable when he missed the gate. 

The absence of Jye Etheridge is beginning  to  tell. Only 3 points from Rider replacement was a real difference. The sudden loss of form of Theo Pijper is worrying. Kyle Bickley looked to have bike Issues early on, but looked more on it later in the meeting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't understand Cammy getting blamed for using Hume in heat 15. Paid 8 from 3 rides, only lost to Harris before heat 15.

Tbf Basso and possibly Cook more experienced in the bigger heats though. Just about opinion  and when riders scores are close between 3 of them, some managers ask the riders who wants to do it. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't understand Cammy getting blamed for using Hume in heat 15. Paid 8 from 3 rides, only lost to Harris before heat 15.

Although he scored well perhaps a rider with more experience would have ridden in a way to get the required  heat points.

• Like 1

The absence of Jye was felt when we lost at home to Redcar 2 week ago… 3 points from RR for him tonight tells its own story! We are suffering without him. Injuries have hurt us big time! On the plus side, that was an exemplary performance from Bomber and a very welcome return for Leon. 

Pretty entertaining. Jye was a miss . Harris showed his intent heat 1. Good to see Leon back. Even better to see Kyle in the pints after a poor first heat. Stay out in the dirt kid and you’ll score points. Impressed with Basso and Tom Brennan . Cookie had an off night. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights when dispatched by Harris in heat 1. Great crowd again this evening. All in all a fair result but the bonus point could indeed come back to haunt Glasgow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

The absence of Jye was felt when we lost at home to Redcar 2 week ago… 3 points from RR for him tonight tells its own story! We are suffering without him. Injuries have hurt us big time! On the plus side, that was an exemplary performance from Bomber and a very welcome return for Leon. 

Bomber is riding better than he has for years.

I just hope for Berwick's sake he doesn't  burn himself out with all the bookings he is taking.

All those meetings and travel must take its toll on both man and machine

6 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Bomber is riding better than he has for years.

I just hope for Berwick's sake he doesn't  burn himself out with all the bookings he is taking.

All those meetings and travel must take its toll on both man and machine

He’s bound to lose form at some stage, most riders do. The rest of the side need  to step up. 

Edited by Shadders

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Hadn't ridden since heat 8. Nearly half the meeting before, tracks change

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Hadn't ridden since heat 8. Nearly half the meeting before, tracks change

Aye but Tiger's riders should be used to that as they always take the break at the most inappropriate times B)

• Like 1

As predicted a Glasgow win,we missed Jye but it's up to the others to do more.Only 2 positives tonight for me Bomber his usual entertaining self,and Leon coming back to form,we will be lucky to make the playoffs, well done to Glasgow on their win

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stuntdouble said:

Pretty entertaining. Jye was a miss . Harris showed his intent heat 1. Good to see Leon back. Even better to see Kyle in the pints after a poor first heat. Stay out in the dirt kid and you’ll score points. Impressed with Basso and Tom Brennan . Cookie had an off night. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights when dispatched by Harris in heat 1. Great crowd again this evening. All in all a fair result but the bonus point could indeed come back to haunt Glasgow. 

Ok jye is a miss you say but would his points give Berwick the upper hand !! Mmm debatable imo as if you look at ullys score 5 points & he's an easy 7 to 10 man 

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Been away for a couple off weeks logged on and I see your as predictable as ever.

was it custodial ?  

i dont know how i have kept you on the hook for so long . must be going on ten years !    :nono:(of)

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Cook?? Pah, he only got 6 points!! Looking at updates only Basso maybe in place of Hume I'd say, but them 3 close on points so difficult. Why they take Hume out of H11? 

Because he'd just got a 5-1 with Brennan in heat 13.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

@Jaizer summed it up well, he hadn't ridden since heat 8. I always think it's risky putting a number 2 in heat 15 as they haven't been out since heat 10 or 11, so often they run a last when nominated.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

was it custodial ?  

i dont know how i have kept you on the hook for so long . must be going on ten years !    :nono:(of)

Every Village has an idiot you have graced here admirably in that role.

• Haha 1