British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow CL 28/5/22 @7pm

45 minutes ago, screm said:

Basso would've been the logical choice, but if he couldn't isn't this a situation where the team captain should step forward.

Why would ulrich step forward he scored 5 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

He could’ve done it to give us the chance to heckle him again for his unusual poor showing? :lol:  Not often we get the chance to do it in regards to Cook :wink:

But Craig isn't Glasgow captain this season

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Actually thinking about this and reading back through the comments, including some of my own, I hope Danyon isn't reading this topic.

The young guy did well and contributed massively to Glasgow's win. Being selected for ht 15 would have been a confidence builder for him yet any good that came of that has probably been cancelled out.

So if you are reading this Danyon, thank you and onwards and upwards.

He always goes well around Berwick. Shows the strength in depth Glasgow have at the moment. I for one would like to see him in bandits colours one day. 

23 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

He always goes well around Berwick. Shows the strength in depth Glasgow have at the moment. I for one would like to see him in bandits colours one day. 

I'm sure we would let him guest for you at some point :D

with having the worst 2 gates for ht 15 we were up against it right away no matter who we had in so both tom ben and danyon had been making pretty good gates if you had asked fans for a win before it started they would have been happy but most are being greedy now 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Why would ulrich step forward he scored 5 

Yes you are correct I should've put Craig Cook, as No1 and best rider he should've put himself forward as a pick for Ht15. Clearly he had not the best of nights, maybe he was still in shock having had Kyle Bickley blast past him.

• Haha 2

In case people have forgotten,  we actually won the meeting 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Actually thinking about this and reading back through the comments, including some of my own, I hope Danyon isn't reading this topic.

The young guy did well and contributed massively to Glasgow's win. Being selected for ht 15 would have been a confidence builder for him yet any good that came of that has probably been cancelled out.

So if you are reading this Danyon, thank you and onwards and upwards.

No one has said anything negative about danyon. He had a great night and has been excellent all season. 

It's just been a failing of past Glasgow sides of not being clinical in meetings where that point could be difference between top and second and having the choice of teams in the play offs. Don't want to see this side going same way.

Given had 5-1 in 13 and the winner of heat 14 going to a rider who hadn't done a lap since heat 8 seemed like a mistake to me..but as explained basso wasn't able to take his place and danyon volunteered then that's good to know and easier to take!!

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

with having the worst 2 gates for ht 15 we were up against it right away no matter who we had in so both tom ben and danyon had been making pretty good gates if you had asked fans for a win before it started they would have been happy but most are being greedy now 

Hmm, idk about that. 10 points up going into H15, must feel like losing when only needed a 2nd place! 

12 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Dropped a league point! ;) But maybe doing Berwick a disservice. Maybe whoever was in for Glasgow were going to get 5-1'd. Never will know though.

12 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Ok jye is a miss you say but would his points give Berwick the upper hand !! Mmm debatable imo as if you look at ullys score 5 points & he's an easy 7 to 10 man 

Think it is safe to say with Jye available we would still be unbeaten at home

jyeaverage (2).jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paulco said:

That's 2 home matches Berwick have lost when they could and probably have won with Etheridge in team

RR has not worked as he has home average between 9 and 10 I think and it has only added handful points over last 2 weekends but that's not opposition concern of course 

You beat what's in front of you 

Problem Berwick have is replacing Etheridge even short term 

Craig is not the Captain Ulrich is.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Exactly ,you would have to think you lost by some of the comments,even the Berwick supporters were wanting you to get 4 pts.

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Think it is safe to say with Jye available we would still be unbeaten at home

jyeaverage (2).jpg

Yes but others need to step up to challenge all teams have injuries it how you cope with them.Two home defeats on the trot and another hard one next week let's hope Bomber and Leon get better support.

• Like 2