British Speedway Forum
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Birminham (Championship) 27th May

13 minutes ago, R87 said:

Speedway should not be messing about with streaming - be it individual clubs or the sport in general.  It's a stupid idea

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not?! Speedway should be doing much much more streaming, you'd have to be on another planet to think otherwise. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

How do they stream? Is there the bandwidth to stream BSN and Edinburgh?

I don’t know. If they are sensible, they will use a 4G load balancer that can connect to multiple operators. Would be dangerous to rely on host stadium WiFi for a product you charge for. You always want these things in your own control.

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I don’t know. If they are sensible, they will use a 4G load balancer that can connect to multiple operators. Would be dangerous to rely on host stadium WiFi for a product you charge for. You always want these things in your own control.

Why wouldn't they just share the EMTV feed? Seems mad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

That would require coordination, not something Brits are known for. My response was more about the general setup across the different racetracks to be honest. There would be practical considerations to sharing a feed, but not insurmountable if planned and both sides thought it was in their interests.

And it's gone again. I give up and will be cancelling subscription..was actually really excited about this streaming just been far too many issues with it. 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

And it's gone again. I give up and will be cancelling subscription..was actually really excited about this streaming just been far too many issues with it. 

You've missed another stopped heat.........

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

You've missed another stopped heat.........

What's going on is it the track? I know I make light of it on occasion but it's still usually well prepared and tend to see pretty few incidents

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

What's going on is it the track? I know I make light of it on occasion but it's still usually well prepared and tend to see pretty few incidents

Not sure really. You'd have to think it is contributing.......

17 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Very strange isnt it?

Both going for exactly the same market... (?)...

As Edinburgh stream anyway it doesnt seem to make much sense to show exactly the same meeting...

Neither wins surely? 

Updates are saying Shanes has withdrawn from the meeting due to not having a helmet left after he damaged 2. Surely someone has one that fits him?:blink:

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Updates are saying Shanes has withdrawn from the meeting due to not having a helmet left after he damaged 2. Surely someone has one that fits him?:blink:

He's refused to use anyone else's.....

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Is there the bandwidth to stream BSN and Edinburgh?

Don't worry about the bandwidth, with the 3 withdrawn riders, only 2 riders in Heat 8 and 4 of the remaining races only featuring 3 riders, I'm sure it will cope. :-o 

Ironic that it's at Edinburgh, isn't it? Home of the great Train Robber who, in his role as BSPA Chairman, instructed the Birmingham Brummies web site to be closed down, apparently because it was too bandwidth hungry, and made the BSPA servers struggle, back in 2013. :rofl:

Edited by uk_martin
  • Haha 1

Reading the updates, Blair sounds like he shouldn't be near a bike with no brakes.. Has wiped out most of the other riders so far! 

• Like 1

Just now, The Dog said:

Reading the updates, Blair sounds like he shouldn't be near a bike with no brakes.. Has wiped out most of the other riders so far! 

Didn't touch neilsen, he lost a chain or engine seized 

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2