British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 28/05/22 KoC QF 1st Leg

LEICESTER: Richie Worrall, Dan Thompson, Nick Morris, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Anders Rowe, Joe Thompson.
SCUNTHORPE: TBC, Jordan Palin, Zaine Kennedy, Jake Allen, Justin Sedgmen, Jamie Halder, Simon Lambert.

The GP on telly with Pizza & a Jack is looking quite attractive tonight, especially after last night's debacle... depends on who TBC is and whether there's going to be a 1 hour sun delay...

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

LEICESTER: Richie Worrall, Dan Thompson, Nick Morris, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Anders Rowe, Joe Thompson.
SCUNTHORPE: TBC, Jordan Palin, Zaine Kennedy, Jake Allen, Justin Sedgmen, Jamie Halder, Simon Lambert.

The GP on telly with Pizza & a Jack is looking quite attractive tonight, especially after last night's debacle... depends on who TBC is and whether there's going to be a 1 hour sun delay...

Don't forget the football on TV as well if the GP should be off because of lack of medical cover!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Don't forget the football on TV as well if the GP should be off because of lack of medical cover!

Good call... I think it's on BT Sport YouTube isn't it FTA?

Also, isn't this match on BSN? Might have to a wall of laptops setup!

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Good call... I think it's on BT Sport YouTube isn't it FTA?

Also, isn't this match on BSN? Might have to a wall of laptops setup!

Wouldn't hold up much hope for BSN stream. Edinburgh one last night was absolutely abysmal!!!

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

It would be a shame if the Champions League Final was abandoned because the trainer had lost  his magic sponge and nobody had a spare one!

I fear for Scunthorpe tonight with Douglas missing . He got 14 points last time out with the rest being abysmal. Wonder which guest they wil get?

17 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I fear for Scunthorpe tonight with Douglas missing . He got 14 points last time out with the rest being abysmal. Wonder which guest they wil get?

Unless they could get Riss or Palm Toft there wouldn’t appear anyone else worth having. My money is on R/R unfortunately which could end up as a battering and the return fixture then becoming meaningless.

R/R for Dougy according to the BSN Twitter feed. No news from either club

Edited by iainb

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

R/R for Dougy according to the BSN Twitter feed. No news from either club

Indeed, not very professional.

Assuming that the C in TBC stands for confirmed, I'm just wondering when it will be confirmed and who by? Both clubs websites haven't been updated since this morning, Scunny's Twitter last updated 9 hours ago, don't know about Leicester's as I'm blocked.

I'm guessing it'll be confirmed by the announcer at 7pm

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Assuming that the C in TBC stands for confirmed, I'm just wondering when it will be confirmed and who by? Both clubs websites haven't been updated since this morning, Scunny's Twitter last updated 9 hours ago, don't know about Leicester's as I'm blocked.

Lol, what did you do??! Meeting preview still has TBC.

Last update from Leicester is:

After 62 years following speedway I can now confirm what everybody knows, speedway is a laughing stock and no one in charge knows how to fix it, last night at Scunny was ridiculous, hanging around for ages freezing your bo**cks off waiting for the inevitable cancellation, should have been called off straight after the crash due to the serious injury and no back up Ambulance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

I may be cynical but I suspect that they did not want to advertise that a team that is likely to get a good spanking will be even weaker without their top man and poor R/R options. It will be hard enough trying to drag people in when the CL final and GP are both on TV.

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

Assuming that the C in TBC stands for confirmed, 

C for concealed?

• Like 1