British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Edinburgh Monarchs 1st June

22 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Very much the case - positions 2 & 4 looked to have been our potential weak spots since early on and with our senior reserve being injured also adds to the reliance on the other 3 to come up with big points for any chance of success.   Not an ideal combination if we have aspirations of being in the top six at play-off time, but you have to play with the hand that is dealt - so will have to wait and see if it is good enough.

One rider short of a decent Team still in with a chance of Play Off place though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthernComet said:

Good meeting on a very decent track. Potentially could've done with a bit more watering mid meeting, but I imagine the riders have a say on that as well.

Masters looked a threat all night, very quick especially against Stevie Worrall. Jason Edwards was a superb choice of guest as there is no way on earth that James Sarjeant would score 10. Pickering showed glimpses but aside from that, the rest of the Monarchs struggled.

Couple of unfortunate moments for the Pirates. Zach Cook's bike dying when on what seemed a nailed on 5-1 and Kemps crash. Surprised Kemp came out for his remaining rides as it seemed so awkward. Special shout out to Nathan Ablitt. A small error cost him a point against Edwards on bend four, lap four. It is still his apprenticeship year, and the rest of the side has been built to allow him to learn this year before hopefully kicking on.

ROTN, easily Ben Cook. His part in the 5-1 over Masters & Pickering in Heat 9 was amazing and his overtakes for a well deserved win in Heat 14 were outstanding.

Agree 100% with that summary. The only thing to add is that with Sargeant missing Poole managed to get through the whole meeting with only one set of tapes!:t:

So 3 points, a good crowd, great meeting with good opposition and a saving on tapes. Whats not to like?!

PS> With the stadium looking reasonably smart and tidy at the moment I hope its not too long before the new grass on the old dogtrack is trimmed back......!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

PS> With the stadium looking reasonably smart and tidy at the moment I hope its not too long before the new grass on the old dogtrack is trimmed back......!

I quite liked the grass on there 

• Like 2

Just now, stevehone said:

Don't get me wrong, the grass is great - as long as it doesn't get too long (BCP Council have a policy of letting grass and weeds/foliage grow wild even if it restricts the view from passing traffic!!?):rofl::nono:

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i quite liked it  when dogs ran round there kept the stadium vibrant .

58 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Could trim lawsons hair at same time,why the ref,s dont enforce the rule about nothing hanging out of helmets,imagine that getting caught in a wheel after an accident!

3 hours ago, Turnip said:

Just been chatting to a young Monarchs fan at Poole station. He's off to Peterborough tonight & Belle Vue on Friday on the train meeting up with mates.

Great to see.

Both agreed that Monarchs should av got a point for their efforts.

There is younger support out there who like to travel to support speedway & by train the same as me. The myth is busted :t:

Kieran the Monarch, just guided him through the London underground to St.Pancras. 

And he'll also be at Leicester's double header on Sunday vs Berwick so I'll see him there :t:

Speedway, the real deal :t:

Met him last night cracking guy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Could trim lawsons hair at same time,why the ref,s dont enforce the rule about nothing hanging out of helmets,imagine that getting caught in a wheel after an accident!

That would have to be some freak accident for that to happen

48 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Met him last night cracking guy

Excellent :)  :t:

Yep he certainly is :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

I cud sew me Turnip seeds on there, that earth will be full of nutrients after all those years of dogs doin their bizzo on there! :lol:

In case anyone who wasn't there or didn't see the stream h14 for you..

• Like 3

Masters pass on Worrall earlier was sublime as well.

• Like 2

Well more praise for the track, Sam Masters says its the best it's ever been since he's been riding it, so much for the MX track :party:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Masters pass on Worrall earlier was sublime as well.

H9 good race too especially considering there wasn't any passing though Sam Masters got pretty close to doing it a few times!

• Like 1