British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

After few days to consider the result I'll go with my initial reaction. Ian Steele was sacked for less.

And the quote, danyon unlucky in his ride finished last.  couldn't take him out. Just more evidence not up to the job, need to be ruthless in the and broc should no doubt been in heat 14. Would middlo, pete Adams, rossco etc have made that decision? Not a chance

Even Havvy would have put Broc in!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The current TM seems to want to be more fair to the riders rather than putting the team cause and supporters first.

He's not there to be popular with the riders. He is employed(???) by the Promotion to produce a winning team and to do that you have to be ruthless changing riders in heats as required.

There are a lot of Glasgow fans been around for a long time who know the sport inside out and when reserve or tactical substitute changes should be made. I've no doubt newer fans must wonder why the current manager gets such a hard time from sections of the supporters but these supporters are the ones that know allowing a visiting team to take a point away or only winning by 3 point rather than 4 away from home can change the outcome of the play-offs.

NOR IS HE THERE FOR SELF-PROMOTING PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 2

Superb speedway on Saturday and both teams deserved to go through but that last lap in the thirtieth heat over two legs was really nerve wracking for both sets of fans. Who can know what the result would have been if Sam and Josh had been available for the Monarchs or if Cookie hadn't had 3 engine failures but it was a pretty fair outcome by the end. I hope Kye is alright, the nastiest accidents usually happen on the straights and the riders can so easily get caught up in that netting that i wonder why they can't come up with something safer for a fence.

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Minor details 

As Rafa benitez would say... Facts :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cinderfella said:

How many Tigers' fans were unhappy though when Ian Steele was sacked after a debatable decision at Berwick in a move that was seen as Stewart getting the job he wanted.

I for one didn't like it but in fairness to Stewart he has become one of the finest tactician around (as the Anders Rowe maneuver shows)

In those intervening years he has been able to make the mistakes you learn from and turn into the shrewd operator you mention. You can do that when you are both owner and manager, and take your time doing it.

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Superb speedway on Saturday and both teams deserved to go through but that last lap in the thirtieth heat over two legs was really nerve wracking for both sets of fans. Who can know what the result would have been if Sam and Josh had been available for the Monarchs or if Cookie hadn't had 3 engine failures but it was a pretty fair outcome by the end. I hope Kye is alright, the nastiest accidents usually happen on the straights and the riders can so easily get caught up in that netting that i wonder why they can't come up with something safer for a fence.

I've been watching speedway for over 50 years and have seen fences made from railway sleeper (Crewe), plates off a battleship (Exeter) as well as the usual wire or solid board fences and have witnessed horrible crashed and injuries occur with every type of fence tried. Yes they get caught in the wire fences but equally rider bounce off solid board fence backing onto the track and riders that were behind them.
I don't know what the answer is but sadly with the nature of the beast that is speedway I doubt we will ever find a totally satisfactory and safe solution.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jaizer said:

After few days to consider the result I'll go with my initial reaction. Ian Steele was sacked for less.

And the quote, danyon unlucky in his ride finished last.  couldn't take him out. Just more evidence not up to the job, need to be ruthless in the and broc should no doubt been in heat 14. Would middlo, pete Adams, rossco etc have made that decision? Not a chance

Totally agree with you, got to put feelings aside & do what's best for Glasgow. Which in this case is giving an unbeaten rider an extra outing!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree with you, got to put feelings aside & do what's best for Glasgow. Which in this case is giving an unbeaten rider an extra outing!

I wonder what the riders actually make of their manager's decision making after his choices at  Berwick and now Ashfield?

Re fences, I don't know what the idea was behind the change from chainlink to weldmesh fencing was.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

I wonder what the riders actually make of their manager's decision making after his choices at  Berwick and now Ashfield?

I don't blame Cami for the Berwick decision. People commented that he should have used his heat 13 5-1 pairing in heat 15. But against Poole when he did use his heat 13 5-1 pairing in heat 15, people said should have used a higher scorer (than Ostergaard).

7 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Re fences, I don't know what the idea was behind the change from chainlink to weldmesh fencing was.

It could be cost maybe? I'm not sure either.

Two good races/passes from the trick track on Friday.

Edited by Mr Blobby

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

First outside pass at the dump since Shane Parker retired :P

14 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

It’s good you have finally admitted that it is a trick track.

Fair play on seeing what most can see.