British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Would some kind person post the line up please.

The official GB site is either not working/not updated or crap (delete as appropriate) or I’m banned.

thanks 

58 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Would some kind person post the line up please.

The official GB site is either not working/not updated or crap (delete as appropriate) or I’m banned.

thanks 

Probably the latter :D:wink:

Thank you kind people and Bagpuss you are probably right, I can’t remember that far back:D

As mentioned previous Danyon Hume comes into replace Ben Barker with Connor Mountain coming into replace the injured Craig Cook. Meeting reserves now Simon Lambert and Drew Kemp.

I'm hoping first & foremost that of me Pirates' takes the glory of being crowned British Champion 2022. 

Richard Lawson, Danny King & Stevie Worrall all av a great chance with Danny having been crowned champion in 2016.

As I'm a regular at the Lions Den & 3 of my mates are Lions fans so if Kyle Howarth or Richie Worrall wins I would be happy & applaud for them. But please note: I'm a Pirates fan not a Lions fan.........I don't cross fertilize! :D

Dan Bewley, I think everyone would cheer out loud for this young man. I've got a photo of him at Belle Vue in a wheelchair after his bad smash them few years ago. Now look at him, Gold & a Silver SON medals & a GP rider and it's only a matter of time before he becomes our liddle but big British Champion.

I was at Belle Vue to witness British SON glory & I'll be there to witness the next British Champion.

Bring it On  :t:

Hope it stays dry this evening as rain is forecast to arrive from 8pm onwards.

Just about to leave Sheffield on the train, the rambler's special taking in the scenic route..... changing at liddle old Romiley to get to Belle Vue at 1pm.

Then it's lunch at the burger van outside the stadium. Small tip, buy burgers, chips etc from this van as meal deals are only a fiver. Food inside the stadium is do da expensive!

Travelodge where I'm staying just off Hyde Road is a good place to stay and cheaper than the Diamond Lodge.

21 hours ago, screm said:

As mentioned previous Danyon Hume comes into replace Ben Barker with Connor Mountain coming into replace the injured Craig Cook. Meeting reserves now Simon Lambert and Drew Kemp.

BSPA website has Jack Smith and Harry McGurk as reserves 

21 hours ago, screm said:

How come Drew Kemp is a reserve rider when he was GB under 21 no2 last Friday night.

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Meeting is on Discovery+ at 7pm, if you didn’t know.

It's on Eurosport itself according to my Sky planner, I've set the record only to see if I can spot meself in the crowd tho! :D

As anyone actually got Discovery+?  As much as I love me speedway I don't understand why it's put on that channel coz I wudn't think many wud subscribe to it for speedway.

Edited by Turnip

Kemp and Lambert were reserves if anyone else withdrew, meeting reserves are Smith & McGurk

5 minutes ago, Turnip said:

It's on Eurosport itself according to my Sky planner, I've set the record only to see if I can spot meself in the crowd tho! :D

As anyone actually got Discovery+?  As much as I love me speedway I don't understand why it's put on that channel coz I wudn't think many wud subscribe to it for speedway.

I got Discovery+  in Feb when it was on a half price annual cost ie £30. If I was paying £60 pa just for speedway GP I would still go for it. 10 gps’s works out at £6 per gp! As a comparison, last year I paid £10 to watch a stream from Berwick of the British Championship individual championship.

But Discovery + is much bigger then speedway. I like watching World super bike racing, every round is on, world MX and world sidecar MX. Last week, apart from watching 4 world speedway championship meetings from Denmark, last Monday evening I watched Wolverhampton v Kings Lynn, tonight I will be watching British championship at Belle Vue, so that’s 6 meetings in 8 days. Saturday I watched world championship BMX, then there is Cycle cross that I like watching, world formula electric car racing. Loads of wheeled sports, plus many others. You have access to films of all sorts, does’ntt interest me but shows Discovery+ is not just a speedway channel.

Just need MotGP/2/3 to move away from BT to Discovery+ and I would be well and truly in happy land.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I got Discovery+  in Feb when it was on a half price annual cost ie £30. If I was paying £60 pa just for speedway GP I would still go for it. 10 gps’s works out at £6 per gp! As a comparison, last year I paid £10 to watch a stream from Berwick of the British Championship individual championship.

But Discovery + is much bigger then speedway. I like watching World super bike racing, every round is on, world MX and world sidecar MX. Last week, apart from watching 4 world speedway championship meetings from Denmark, last Monday evening I watched Wolverhampton v Kings Lynn, tonight I will be watching British championship at Belle Vue, so that’s 6 meetings in 8 days. Saturday I watched world championship BMX, then there is Cycle cross that I like watching, world formula electric car racing. Loads of wheeled sports, plus many others. You have access to films of all sorts, does’ntt interest me but shows Discovery+ is not just a speedway channel.

Just need MotGP/2/3 to move away from BT to Discovery+ and I would be well and truly in happy land.

Fair play, as they say pay yer money take yer choice :t: