British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Poole Pirates 17th June

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He's in the team according to the Poole website preview.  Havvy as Poole Team Manager.

I take it Poole are bringing their translator with them. :D

3 minutes ago, screm said:

I take it Poole are bringing their translator with them. :D

Why aye man!

4 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Why aye man!

Not so sure that this is part of the dialectic in Yarm these days, though listening to Havelock you`d never know.

Do people criticising Gary's speech know he has facial paralysis which affects his speech?

• Like 5

Just ordered the live stream. £11.99 is cheaper than £100 fuel round trip +£20 entry and prog. Plus a days travelling in 30 degrees and getting home at 4am.

Looking at the lineups, Poole look stronger. Downside is matches are not run on paper and lesser riders like Lambert and Kennedy can be match winners at home.

Add to that current form, or lack of, from Drew and Nathan and we could end up with a result like last season. Drew needs to get over his prang a couple of weeks ago and start scoring again. His confidence surely can’t be so fragile that a fall, albeit fairly nasty, sets him back like it has. From winning heats with ease, suddenly he’s tailed off at the back. He is better than that and no is the time to show it.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at the lineups, Poole look stronger. Downside is matches are not run on paper and lesser riders like Lambert and Kennedy can be match winners at home.

Add to that current form, or lack of, from Drew and Nathan and we could end up with a result like last season. Drew needs to get over his prang a couple of weeks ago and start scoring again. His confidence surely can’t be so fragile that a fall, albeit fairly nasty, sets him back like it has. From winning heats with ease, suddenly he’s tailed off at the back. He is better than that and no is the time to show it.

If you see his interview on PirateCast.Live he is fully fit. It was his machinery that took the biggest hit when he crashed against Edinburgh.

Just as much of a concern is that both Cooks didn't exactly cover themselves with glory last season when Poole and Plymouth visited Scunny.

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If you see his interview on PirateCast.Live he is fully fit. It was his machinery that took the biggest hit when he crashed against Edinburgh.

Just as much of a concern is that both Cooks didn't exactly cover themselves with glory last season when Poole and Plymouth visited Scunny.

As Steve says though lesser riders such as the Cooks and Kemp generally fair better st home 

That’s frustrating. 10-2 down to pull it back only to have Ben Cook shed a chain in heat 14 to give a 3-2 to Scunthorpe and Douglas hold off a titanic fight with King in heat 15 to get them the victory they didn’t deserve. 

Good news is Drew Kemp came back to form. King still got serious issues with his bikes. But a much better performance from the team after last weeks capitulation.

• Like 1

Would have taken a six point loss before the start. Very unlucky with H14. Not sure about the choice for H15? But that is all I will say as we don't see the discussion for it prior. 

Edited by lisa-colette

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s frustrating. 10-2 down to pull it back only to have Ben Cook shed a chain in heat 14 to give a 3-2 to Scunthorpe and Douglas hold off a titanic fight with King in heat 15 to get them the victory they didn’t deserve. 

Good news is Drew Kemp came back to form. King still got serious issues with his bikes. But a much better performance from the team after last weeks capitulation.

If I’ve read it right Coles was ahead of Ablitt and Scunthorpe on a 5-1 when he fell ….. so how is Cook packing up unlucky? 

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If I’ve read it right Coles was ahead of Ablitt and Scunthorpe on a 5-1 when he fell ….. so how is Cook packing up unlucky? 

Well I read Cook broke down on the start line so that was unlucky. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that is unlucky but Cole’s was second wasn’t he when he fell so the luck evened out surely 

Just now, foreverblue said:

Yes, well not like Gavan to be objective when it comes to Poole is it! 

Well done to Scunthorpe, I think whoever won deserved it but they probably edged it for me, well they were winning most of the time anyway! 

• Like 1

I feel your pain it’s like us losing on Wednesday in a match we shouldn’t have and you’ve done the same tonight annoying ain’t it.

• Like 1