British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Belle Vue v Kings Lynn Euroflop 11 July

40 minutes ago, spin king said:

Belle Vue  now look stand out team.

With the top 5 looking exceptionally good  and the two reserves scoring well at home I just don't see any team beating them in a Play Off Final.

Only way they will be stopped is injuries.

Our away form is still poor as will find out at Ipswich on Thursday when will get comfortably beaten. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Kings Lynn will have one hell of a fight to hold on to Pickering for next season he will be in such high demand 

Wasn't in demand by Sheffield despite his efforts for them last year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Yes,yes and yes.

Seems so much better when you have a crowd.Can't believe i bumped into the barman from the 90's when Henka and Dennis were riding yesterday and he thought the racing was good.But as he said always remember Henka and Dennis  coming in for zambucas etc after a meeting that's what you remember the crowds the booze  the atmosphre etc..King's lynn has never never up to the scratch of Belle Vue of the modern day.

To be fair the racing Henka and Mark Loram provided in the early nineties was bloody good, perhaps not NSS standard but much, much better than the carp at Lynn nowadays. Put proper shale on it and it could be very good again.

A bit if perspective tonight, as Rob says Sheffield weren't much better last week and we have massively missed Niels since he disappeared, would have been much closer tonight with him present. But the Kildermand/Puk thing has been a cock up and from looking a good side in the cup matches we look a poor one now. Kerr and Jorgensen need to be moved on for next season, no ifs or buts.

All a bit depressing really. A shame after a good start to the season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

You’d think kings lynn were 10 pts clear at the top of the league the way their riders / management are laughing and joking with the bv riders, haha

I know the management of the team ainst easy,but how the hell did the Lynn manager get the job.IF?! YOU are the manager at least try and do a professional job instead of that annoying grin ,take a leaf out of mark Lemons book,focus at what you are supposed to be doing and dont stand on camera laughing and joking with the Belle view team when your team is getting a hammering!!!! who is he anyway,was he appointed over others,what was the process?!!!

3 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

I know the management of the team ainst easy,but how the hell did the Lynn manager get the job.IF?! YOU are the manager at least try and do a professional job instead of that annoying grin ,take a leaf out of mark Lemons book,focus at what you are supposed to be doing and dont stand on camera laughing and joking with the Belle view team when your team is getting a hammering!!!! who is he anyway,was he appointed over others,what was the process?!!!

Bloody hell, up til now BV fans have been calling for Mark Lemon to go, he's OK now though things are going good!  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Bloody hell, up til now BV fans have been calling for Mark Lemon to go, he's OK now though things are going good!  

The point being made was that it "doesnt look good" when you see opposition managers laughing and joking with the opposition during a meeting,..

Regardless of the standard of the manager it shouldnt happen..

Riders too often do it every night and all it can do is give anyone watching the impression that "it mustn't really matter this"...

Poland keeping teams (and fans), apart gives off the right message that "this means something"....

Even both teams stood together watching from the same part of the pits is something that should change..

UK Speedway definitely suffers from not having "rivalries" which stir the emotions and therefore encourages attendance.. 

Watching team members and managers all getting on together during a meeting wont ever engender those rivalries.. 

I do understand though that for riders it might be a tad confusing at any given moment who is your team mate and who is your rival given it changes so often..

As an example. Splitting them in the pits would have many wondering "can I stand and speak with Bomber tonight or not, I couldn't last night, but could the night before, and I am pretty sure I can tomorrow?";)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Good luck with that. Was at Bryan Adams Friday night, hour and half to get out of car park! 

Oh and avoid alysham road due to roadworks, Holt road better option 

Just an hour for us! Roads back to Fakenham a doddle once we got off the estate. Great evening, preferable to a hiding on telly anyway :D

• Like 1

i reckon jason edwards deserved heat 15 instead of lawson .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Alex is a breath of fresh air. But if your not ruthless, you win nothing..

Put a poll out. Who would you keep for next season:blink:

First one to go would be Allitt.Many fans I speak to on a race night think the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You are miles away

So you think people are going to keep going despite the continual disappointment? 

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think we should start a vote of no confidence in Dale Allitt.

I'll get Gary Neville on it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The point being made was that it "doesnt look good" when you see opposition managers laughing and joking with the opposition during a meeting,..

Regardless of the standard of the manager it shouldnt happen..

Riders too often do it every night and all it can do is give anyone watching the impression that "it mustn't really matter this"...

Poland keeping teams (and fans), apart gives off the right message that "this means something"....

Even both teams stood together watching from the same part of the pits is something that should change..

UK Speedway definitely suffers from not having "rivalries" which stir the emotions and therefore encourages attendance.. 

Watching team members and managers all getting on together during a meeting wont ever engender those rivalries.. 

I do understand though that for riders it might be a tad confusing at any given moment who is your team mate and who is your rival given it changes so often..

As an example. Splitting them in the pits would have many wondering "can I stand and speak with Bomber tonight or not, I couldn't last night, but could the night before, and I am pretty sure I can tomorrow?";)

Always enjoy reading your posts as you get the point of team sports which speedway clearly doesn’t 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Wasn't in demand by Sheffield despite his efforts for them last year!

Its what hes done this season that counts , hes put himself in a very strong position when it comes to next season.

Just watched the meeting after not knowing the result & 

tenor.gif

but there will be the usuals that find excuses for King's Lynn & it's management team. 

The club has absolutely nothing about it & how embarrassing to watch a team manager & Pickering having a laugh with opposition when being absolutely battered. 

The impression of racing was pretty good for TV but only if a Stars rider gated. The wasn't much fight to protect position except for Pickering. There's absolutely no chance Pickering sticks with King's Lynn in 2023. 

King's Lynn are a budget club & it shows, with the promotion taking from the punters & giving nothing back, not even a little bit of hope. 

It is a dead club walking right now. 

Considering the score line it was pretty decent viewing, racing was good and fair play to bv for giving away some free tickets to booster the crowd, I saw a post last week from someone saying the riders don’t acknowledge the fans after a race , that criticism was clearly took on board by the promotion and was visible to see last night, Eurosport camera work is continuing to be a mystery, it’s like they have never filmed speedway before, not sure who’s error but it was clearly TJ in heat 14 not Jason Edwards, they had different colour Kevlars and different number on, Dan Bewley came across well as a co-commentator, something I have noticed at tv meetings is the noise of the bikes and the crowd and general noise is turned down and it creates the illusion of no atmosphere, it’s hard to create an atmosphere but there must be a way of taping into the live experience