British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Edinburgh 16/07/22 CL

Great point. The BSN coverage is night and day compared to earlier in the season so fair play to them for addressing the issues. Really good coverage. 

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Edinburgh must be looking to replace castagna surely? Winning heat 14 and celebrating like won world championship not good enough for the senior 2nd string IMO

Agree. Would Sedgmen have worked as a replacement average wise? That ship has sailed obviously but we’d be stronger with him in the line-up certainly.  

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Edinburgh must be looking to replace castagna surely? Winning heat 14 and celebrating like won world championship not good enough for the senior 2nd string IMO

IMO he does seem to come across as a bit of a cock.

• Haha 2

Well, we'll have him back next year!

A very competitive meeting. The Monarchs deserved a point.

The Lions tail does seem a little vulnerable now, particularly if one of the heat leaders as an off day, they may get away with it at home but over two legs I think it could be a struggle.

The big danger for me are Plymouth, with a likely semi final of Glasgow v Poole in the pipeline.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Yes he was, he apologised after Heat.15.

He also had a warning from the referee!!

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Well for arguments sake it's Leicester Poole Plymouth and Glasgow last 4, Leicester got a doing at Plymouth and Glasgow so you'd imagine they'd be picking Poole. Not entirely sure on rule if Poole finish 2nd if it would be allowed or not though

So if Leicester 1st, Poole 2nd and Glasgow and Plymouth make it through the QF. Who would Leicester choose out of Glasgow and Plymouth? If Glasgow is chosen and Poole get Plymouth, think I'd rather Poole come 3rd, hope to get through QF and face Leicester! 

But might change my mind yet, depends how we do at Plymouth on Tues. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

So if Leicester 1st, Poole 2nd and Glasgow and Plymouth make it through the QF. Who would Leicester choose out of Glasgow and Plymouth? If Glasgow is chosen and Poole get Plymouth, think I'd rather Poole come 3rd, hope to get through QF and face Leicester! 

But might change my mind yet, depends how we do at Plymouth on Tues. 

I'd imagine for their TMs travelling allowance they would choose Glasgow :D

Would be an interesting scenario, Leicester probably be hoping Plymouth or Glasgow lose to Edinburgh or Redcar/ Scunthorpe. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'd imagine for their TMs travelling allowance they would choose Glasgow :D

Would be an interesting scenario, Leicester probably be hoping Plymouth or Glasgow lose to Edinburgh or Redcar/ Scunthorpe. 

Well Edinburgh did knock you out of the cup, so if you met again that would be interesting! ;)

Although I'm assuming realistically Glasgow will finish 2nd, so if we can stay in 3rd and Redcar or Scunny finish 6th be happy with that as we won at Redcar and only lost by a point at Scunny, although both still to visit Poole this season! 

Was at the Lions Den last night and Richard's sign language skills are ever improving, good lad is our Richard! :D 

Lions vs Monarchs what absolutely absorbing meeting with plenty of action and if it wasn't for Richard's snapped chain while leading heat 1 the result would've been on the edge of a shock away win.

A good show from the NDL lads and an expected cricket score for the Cubs. I always have to question as to why they call them the Cubs? Surely the Lionhearts would be a far better name but my suggestion was ignored by the the powers that be at Leicester! Max Perry, that lad is extremely impressive.......take note :t:

Back down Wimborne Road for this liddle Turnip on Wednesday :t:

On 7/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, racers and royals said:

Don`t get me wrong- i know nothing !!!

It is also of some interest ;) that the match for Rawicz in Rzeszow is a 1pm local time start(12 noon UK). Is it possible to ride Saturday evening in UK and be in Rzeszow for a Sunday 1pm start ?(apart from a private plane :))

So the good news- Pickering got there in time.(possibly from Luton to Lublin flight)  Masters went all the way there for a fitness test and also rides. :)

Edited by racers and royals

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

IMO he does seem to come across as a bit of a cock.

Thinks he's better than he is imo

3 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

The big danger for me are Plymouth, with a likely semi final of Glasgow v Poole in the pipeline.

And if Ed Kennett can get over his injury woes they'll be quite a formidable outfit

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Lions vs Monarchs what absolutely absorbing meeting with plenty of action and if it wasn't for Richard's snapped chain while leading heat 1 the result would've been on the edge of a shock away win.

The 3-3 in heat 1, if all subsequent scores had followed the same pattern, would've meant no T/S allowed, therefore no 1-5 in heat 9.

Swings and roundabouts. Or chains and, er, something else unchainlike :unsure: