British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Oxford vs Birmingham 19/7/22 (CJL

TUESDAY'S TEAMS:
OXFORD: Scott Nicholls, Dillon Ruml, Paul Starke, Aaron Summers, Troy Batchelor, Cameron Heeps, Jordan Jenkins.
BIRMINGHAM: Tom Brennan, Stefan Nielsen, Paco Castagna, Ashley Morris, Justin Sedgmen, Jason Edwards, James Pearson.

Fair play to the new promotion for keeping going. . I take my hat off to them!

Edited by GiveusaB

Should be easy Oxford win, but Brummies won there earlier in season.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Should be easy Oxford win, but Brummies won there earlier in season.

The rain was a big leveller that night and Justin Sedgeman had a fantastic debut for the Brummies

It's so hot  the track will be rock hard no matter how much watering.  Best gaters will win.

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

R/R for Starke still apparently 

Isn't he out for upto 5 weeks?

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

The rain was a big leveller that night

Tonight has been delayed by a rain shower too...(where the hell did that come from?) so who knows...

Out of 14 riders, 4 are guests and one is called Reidar Replacement, or something.

Reidar Replacement and all 4 guests outscored the top-scoring Brummies contracted rider. And I'll qualify that by saying that it took Sedgmen 5 rides to get his 4+1 as opposed to Castagna who achieved it in 4 rides. That, folks, is a major reason why the Brummies are struggling to draw in the fans, I'd say. Who are the fans supposed to "latch onto" and support? Their "own" rider who struggles to pick up points or someone else's riders who are coming to the team's rescue? Not a good situation to be in. Not that you can do much about the guest for Shanes, but the "Sign Vissing and get a guest for the season" situation is one of the team managers own creation. And very lamentable it is too. Try explaining that one to a newcomer to the sport. And as for the guest for Auty, I can only guess that the guest rider is the easy option compared to signing a new rider and re-declaring the team. How long has it been now? It's almost like the Brummies are too comfortable fielding guest riders that they become an integral part of team planning. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't think that's what the fans want.

• Like 3

One of those meetings where the scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. Some decent racing , Dillon Ruml in heat 6 was worth the admission on its own.

Fairplay also to Jamie Courtney and his team, hottest day on record and no clouds of dust.

• Like 1

What was crowd level last night?

13 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What was crowd level last night?

Noticeably lower, whether it was the heat, the possibility of thunderstorms washing out the meeting, the perceived standard of the opposition, a lack of interest in the Jubilee Trophy or two meetings in two days I don't know.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Noticeably lower, whether it was the heat, the possibility of thunderstorms washing out the meeting, the perceived standard of the opposition, a lack of interest in the Jubilee Trophy or two meetings in two days I don't know.

Would say that the heat was a factor however Oxford united were also playing last night and many supporters also attend the football i know a lot of people undecided over which they would attend

What happened to Sedgmen ?  14 points match winner on his debut for us at Oxford earlier in the season, but only 4 last night ?